Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am collecting my Juke on Friday and have just ordered an armrest from Glyn Hopkin. Does anyone have any does or donts, hints or tips for fitting please. Any advice much appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Wrap the base with some cloth (prevents scratching the inside of the cup holder), and push into the rear cup holder.My armrest has not been screwed in place and is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
It's really easy mate. If I can do it you can be sure.
When you drill holes into the hole in the console (to push the plugs through), wrap a chunk of tape around your bit to stop it going right through as you clear the plasic. Then you won't cause any unfortunate damage or skin your knuckles....
I also kept the washers on top and inside of the body of the armrest, and that made for a tighter fit with less movement.
Have fun...

·
Registered
867 Posts
As per acrorat; I also safe guarded against scratches by securing protection around the base of the arm rest; tape in my case.

I have not screwed mine in place either; months in and it has never moved or worked loose.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
It's kind of academic now but I found that my armrest moved about and creaked worryingly before I secured it with the screws.
I guess it's down to how much weight you put on it.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.