Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purely a thought I had, on the back on the NTec athletes thread...

The cvt dig-t has the option to manually change 'gear' up and down by moving the gear stick back and fore.
I'm assuming that there are a pair of switches involved in there somewhere.

I'm also assuming that, like on my flappy paddle TT, the flappy paddles in a Nissan would also involve a switch behind each paddle.

So.
In theory - and it is purely that at the moment - wiring a parallel switch into the circuit at the gearstick could potentially be quite possible.

Has anyone sat in a GTR - or is there any other Nissan that has a flappy paddle box? (Apart from the juke r ) - to notice how the paddles were attached?
To the steering wheel? Or to the steering column surround?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
i ve been for a drive in a GTR when I was at head office, some tool that is, I was offered the chance to drive it but declined as I like to get to know my cars before I blast them down the road. Cant say I noticed how they were attached to the steering on the GTR or even the Juke R (sat in that aswell) I would assume they are part of the controls unit would be a nice upgrade and worthy of a suggestion to Nismo/Nissan

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Deks

There are lots of cheap ish 2nd hand Citroen c2 paddles on the net, which seem to be mounted on the column.

That would be the easier retrofit, and there'd be not need to worry about wires being twisted as the wheel turns.

Think this one might go on the list of things to look at a bit deeper!

But yes, a line to Nissan would be fab too

·
Registered
115 Posts
Had a Smart with paddles on the wheel and a Citroen with paddles on the column. HATED the paddles on the wheel, trying to find the damn thing when your hands were in a different position was awkward; if you use the steering wheel as recommended, i.e. feed it through your hands, the paddles were never near your fingers. If you grip the wheel and turn using your shoulders, fine - on a race car where it is half turn lock-to-lock but very uncomfortable on a real car.Jeff

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point there Jeff - the TT was wheel mounted, and it was a pain trying to think about the fact that the down was now on the right instead of the left mid corner...

I actually had a look in a GTR today - column mounted too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts