Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,Just ordered a force red styling kit (door mouldings and boot handle) for my white juke, (I already have red mirrors)as the car already has these door mouldings on but in chrome can anyone recomend the best way to remove them, so i can fit the new red ones?and if anyone on here wants the chrome set, well make me an offer :) CheersYJ

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Warm them up with a hair dryer to soften the glue on the self adhesive strip
Best to get them off first so you can see if they are reusable. Who ever has them will have to find a way to bond them on as the sticky will be of no use.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I just used brute force in a controlled way. I started at the door edge and applied an up and down motion until the bond gradually loosened sufficiently enough to get my fingers behind and then I gently peeled them off.

Mine weren't on for a week even, but the bond is so good that I don't think duration makes a difference.

Warming them up is probably better; I just didn't' like the idea of applying so much heat against the paint work.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Some fishing Line behind it and do a sawing motion to get off

Clean the residue glue up with WD40

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Lordharding wrote: Some fishing Line behind it and do a sawing motion to get off

Clean the residue glue up with WD40

Nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts