Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was quite surprised to read that the fuel tank has a 50 litre (11 gallon) capacity. We've run it until well after the DTE reads '---' many a time and never got more than 40l in.It's a bit frustrating. I'm not too worried about economy but it bugs me when I can't go door to door on a journey without filling up. I need a bigger tank

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, now you say that it rings a bell. I once read about owners in the US getting a payout because they were all lead to believe they had the larger capacity tank....

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Paul_S wrote:
The manual lies! That's the last (and first) time I look at that
That makes a change, not the usual response I get to answering that question. Everyone swears its the other way round until I show them the page in the brochure. Why they didnt fit the 50l tank to all is beyond me but there you go.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's because I trust you mate!I imagine the 4x4 tank is a different shape to accommodate the drive shaft. On the Zed's they have more of a 'saddle' tank and a syphon between the two. I guess the 4x4 Juke is the same. It's cheaper to have a more standard tank if you don't have the drive shaft in the way. Although, you would have thought you'd get more available space on the FWD cars...

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
it's the latter that make people assume the 2wd has the bigger tank as they wrongly assume it needs a smaller tank to accomodate the 4wd, where as it needs the bigger tank for its low mpg.And before Kat says Yes my DCI could do witht he bigger tank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.