Nissan Juke Forum banner

Fun in the Fog

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  acrorat 
#1 ·
08:45, fog slowly unfreezing, narrow, bendy, pot-holed country road, virtually no traffic.

White van, driver asleep at the wheel (could just see the whites of his eyelids), four feet over our side of the road, estimated speed 55 mph.

Juke, driver awake, estimated speed 45 mph, no time to hit the horn, estimated swerve five feet (thank you, ABS and AWD-V), passengers freaked out but alive, ditch and hedge very narrowly avoided!

#3 ·
I was ferrying my daughter and her BF to the station, by the back roads, to avoid the peak time tailbacks of two roundabouts and four sets of traffic lights, which can more than double the journey time.

Daughter's BF is Swedish, visiting for four days, and is always a bit uncomfortable in cars on the wrong side of the road, and as he was (to him) in the driving seat, but not driving, he was the most shaken up.

Funnily enough, I know this route so well, I could drive it with my eyes shut, no wait, let's re-phrase that :)

#10 ·
Thanks, Paul.

I've had the occasional night fright on the back road from cyclists without lights but generally it's a really good route. I suppose it's been getting to be a more popular route as congestion in and out of the city builds up at peak times.

I'm off to pick up the kids from the station at about five past ten, think I may go the long way this time .

#12 ·
The olive in my Martini was the idiot overtaking me just off the first roundabout last night in the freezing fog, after the passing lane had run out, and at about 75 in a 60 zone!

The wasp in his Beer was being stuck (and much too close) behind the gritter all the way to the next roundabout.

At least I had the satisfaction of seeing his paintwork nicely scoured!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.