Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised myself that my next new car would be an automatic. Marriage, being what it is, means that the gearbox which would have been my first choice is not made by Nissan so the compromise choice of new car is a Juke. My question is, what is the general feeling about the CVT gearbox, both in terms of reliability and driving experience? It seems that my first experience of an automatic gearbox is going to be what I think of as a rubber band gearbox. I remember the Daf Daffodil that could go as fast in reverse as it could go forward. It was also able to use engine braking by flicking a switch. I know things have changed, but I am looking for reassurance.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
hi rog welcome to the forum. I dont have a CVT though althoughs that I know that do swear by them. I can say that when ever I have seen one it seems to glide along effortlessly and quietly

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi Rog, i too have ordered a CVT juke and have never owned one before. i have driven auto's in the past but it has been a while so it is a bit of a gamble for me..i would also be interested in peoples views on them as i must admit i am looking forward to getting mine but will miss my manual juke when it goes

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I have a micra CVT on loan at the moment - the gearbox seems quite smooth and the revs are kept down when not pressing on. Much prefer the manual gearbox on my dCi though, but that may simply be the low down torque delivery of the diesel.actd2012-11-26 12:33:41

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I have never driven one but I know someone who had a CVT QQ and it was mighty expensive when it went wrong. Hopefully it never will of course...

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
There have been a couple of qashqai gearboxes which failed on reasonably low mileages outwith warranty and the costs astronomical to replace. If you intended keeping it outwith the manufacturers warrnty perhaps consider an extended warranty.

That said most Qashqai owners are happy with the gearboxes and say its a smooth drive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts