Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my wife has a 22 plate Nissan Juke Tekna 1.0 auto and she struggles to get it off our gravel driveway without it wheel spinning and digging up the gravel.
It’s the first time we’ve had an automatic and wondered if this was a common problem?
The only solution we have managed to come up with is we release the parking brake, put it in D, then gently roll until we’re off the gravel.
Are there any settings I can adjust to make the acceleration less harsh from standing?
Regards
Murdy1969

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi

I have a new Juke Tekna+ auto. There is certainly a different way to drive it, as I find the DCT gearbox can be a bit jerky, and "grabby" at gears. Having owned the car for a year now, I think I have either got used to it, or mastered the DCT box. I don't have a gravel driveway, so don't have the issues your wife has. Funnily enough though, when the Tesco delivery man called the other week, he was saying that his wife has just got a new Juke, and their driveway is on an upward slope to the garage, and his wife just cannot drive it up the slope from stationary without it taking off!

I think the trick seems to be "gentle on the accelerator," then when you are moving it's fine. I owned a Qashqai CVT before the Juke, and found the gearbox on that so much better,

Saying that I have just returned from a week away, travelling nearly 750 miles, and the Juke performed excellently!

Maybe you could solve it by digging up all the gravel 😂! Luckily our driveway is flat and resin bound!

Remember "gentle on the gas pedal!"

Doug

·
Registered
Nissan Juke Tekna+ Auto
2 Posts
I have a Nissan Juke auto with a gravel driveway and have exactly the same problems with gravel going everywhere ( pulling out of a junction in rain, wheel spin ) my solution was to accept that I will have to get a brush out and sweep it up off the pathway every so often and and be ready to put 2 new rear tyres on the rear sooner than I would have normally been prepared to. The juke is certainly nippy for a 999cc engine but I love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts