Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - Looking to upgrade the headlamp bulbs on the Nismo when it arrives as my last 3 cars all had Xenons. Can you tell me what bulb type they are ( I am guessing it will be the same as the Dig-T). Also, do you have any recommendations. Osram Nightbreaker plus seems to be one option.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Deks - Are the bulb holders easy to get at? ( Had an A1 and it was a 2 hour job as you had to remove the headlamp).

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have tried Osram Nightbreakers. They provide a much better light but they don't last long. I fitted them in November and both have since failed. That is too often for me, so I am looking for something else. I found this review of light bulbs that is interesting: http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vibilagare.se%2Ftest%2Fprodukt%2Fprodukttest-h4lampor-3297&act=urlThe bulbs are easy enough to fit and you don't need to remove the lights to do it. After buying new bulbs in the store I have just fitted them in the store car park in a couple of minutes. The right hand bulb is a little more awkward to do, but not a major issue.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks SJuke and good to know I won't be spending half the day changing over. I will do some research and post my findings.Gismo

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Would just like to say I had the Osram Night breakers in my last car for 2 years without issue. One did fail 2 weeks after I swapped them into the new so changed them both so hopefully I will see 2 more years with these ones. I also have a tendancy to drive with the lights at this time of the year. In part due to being to lazy to turn the stalk to OFF

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, that's good. I had these in my A1 and never had to replace one. Have to say that the Night breakers are coming out tops on every test I have read so far.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Deks wrote:Would just like to say I had the Osram Night breakers in my last car for 2 years without issue.
Yes, I can believe that could be true. To be fair we have to consider the use they get. IIRC You don't do many miles whereas my car a fairly high milage (around 55-60K km per year). Also by law here we have to have the lights on all the time. It would be interesting to compare hours of acyual use for bulbs in your car and mine.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
That is a very fair and true point, mine is used for low use and time. Illumination hours is more important than time fitted I agree. Maybe try another set and see if they last any longer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.