Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have been viewing this site and all your posts for several weeks now and thought it was about time I said hello. Ordered our juke on 30th July delivery expected about 24th September. Quite a wait but half way there now.

We have ordered the shiro in nightshade with front fog light rings, roof spoiler and bumper protector, don't want the dogs scratching it do we.

Anyway hope to be joining in a bit more now that I have introduced myself.

Paul
From Derby

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Paul, welcome to the forum, that does seem like a fairly long wait. That said I believe the factory does shut done in August for a couple of weeks. Have you ordered a manual or Auto? I do know the wait for auto's is once again getting long due to demand.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi deks,
I have ordered the 1.6 DIG-T. We Are part chopping an Astra twin top 1.9 cdti which has 150 bhp so wanted something the same with a bit of poke.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
It must be the colour slowing it down a little then. They make them in batches and also fit it lower spec models with higher ones to keep the assembly time movingBet your glad to be getting rid of a Vauxhall just kiddingI will say though be prepared to shell out more for fuel

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be honest Deks yes we are. We love the car and it's looks but it has be a right pain. Had lots of problems frim day one. Most of which have been after the warranty ran out so although it is not the oldest car we own it had to be the Astra we swapped.

Our other car is a Toyota verso 54 plate and only had to replace tyres and brake pads so a complete opposite from the Astra.

Hoping for the same from the Juke, some good Japanese engineering and build quality.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I found with the Juke in the early days it had teething troubles as you would expect from any New model but these were quickly sorted and I find for the most part both Nissan and its dealers to be very helpful and approachable if you have an issue. I have even seen cases where Nissan has gone beyond what it was required to do all in the name of customer service.Yours is not the first Astra I have hear tales of woe about either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Paul and welcome! Still haven't seen a Nightshade out and about so hopefully it will turn heads even though there's lots of Jukes about now. I think you'll enjoy the Dig-T, should definitely give you the 'poke' you are looking for!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the welcome posts and yes this forum does seem a bit of a mad house. You all seem to have a lot of fun and the banter is great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dealer has just called to say my Juke has just arrived at their place. A week earlier than expected. Wahoo! Should be picking it up Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Alipal wrote:Dealer has just called to say my Juke has just arrived at their place. A week earlier than expected. Wahoo! Should be picking it up Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait. So early next week you will have the owners grin
Deks2012-09-13 11:13:32

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Deks, got the grin already. It was a nice surprise when they rang this morning. Been waiting for 9 weeks now so was really happy when they called. I feel excited and nervous now as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Paul the DIG T is awesome - enjoy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Rattly, so everyone keeps saying and what I can gather from all the posts on here is, put it in sport and leave it there and forget about the petrol costs. Am I correct :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts