Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all new
to this forum as I have just purchased a2012 Juke Accenta 1.5 dCi Sport pack with 9248 miles & sat nav in metallic black - also having parking
sensors fitted, Gaurd X paintwork protection, Gap insurance and an extra years
guarantee (bring it back to 3 years cover) For £14,000Have I
made the right choice with this vehicle as I can still cancel purchase as
not collecting till late on Wednesday.Or should I
have gone this offer for of a brand new basic NISSAN JUKE HATCHBACK 1.6 [94] Visia
5dr.for :-List Price:
£12989.99Our
Price:£10746.16Total £10746.16 on the roadAny Help or Advice would be much appreciated.Thanks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
not really sure on prices but if there charging you for the guardx cancel that , if its free then fair enough , this cost them £20 and sadly they dont apply it properly so it wont last long at all and they charge you upto £250 for it

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi welcome mellon man. First out of the two I would go with the sport pack over the Visia any day so much better specced. 1 question are you sure it has sat nav? as sport doesnt come with sat nav the premium does.gard x you can get and apply yourself properly for a whole lot lessGap policy available thru the forum for approx £110.the 2 cars you have options on are completely different so hard to compare as they are miles about in terms of looks bits and engines. if a petrol is acceptable to you and you dont mind spending 14K as you are on the diesel then you may be able to get a new petrol for that money in acenta premium(too lazy to go lok at prices)anyway which ever you choose its the right car its a JUKE

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi mellon man, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again John or Deks, yes as I said it does have sat nav
they said previous owner had it fitted as extra.The price without the parking
senors etc is £13,000 also they are offering £300 More for my partx
car than was offered against the new one (not
from them} also felt the diesel had more poke than the petrol (or is that just me)
also the new petrol one would the new 94bhp so I guess will be slower again, but
I think the road tax is going to be lower as less emission's

ctrdetailing2013-03-23 15:42:50

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi Mellon Man, at the end of the day you must go with your heart, no good having a car you are not happy with, as the others have sugested drop the guard-x and gap insurance. i personally wouldnt go for the basis and i would have thought you would have got a Premium for £14,000?. Is it worth going back to the dealer and telling him you have been talking to some people off the forum and try for a better deal ?? just a sugestion, dont know if any other members think the same. i previously owned the Premium before the Tekna and it is a nice spec.. as i say my friend, just my thoughts, its your choice and most importantly YOUR MONEY, after thought, if you had the Premium you would have the reversing camera so wouldnt need parking sensors

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Drop the guard x
As others have pointed out it costs £20 for a dealer and retail it at £250
Gap insurance do a search on google or the forum offers as garages sell this for £250

The two products alone can make the dealership more profit then selling the car

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks oldbloke yes your right I should go with my heart and I did like this Juke.The Catch 22 i've got is if I cancell the Gap and Gardx I will have to pay £250 for the parking sensors that are free if I take the other extras. Trying to do the Maths.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I haven't bought mine from here yet but we're checking the buggie we are buying for our impending child will fit and then ordering from here, they have great reviews and even better prices!Brand new 13 plate (about a 8 week wait apparently) but also good details on the spec. £500 more for metallic paint but a white one comes in at 13939http://www.buyacar.co.uk/nissan_juke_diesel_hatchback/car_1.5_dci_acenta_5dr_sport_pack__34595.jhtml Haven't bought mine from them yet so can't advise on experience but the reviews are good and as soon as we can get that damned push chair in the boot I'll be ordering a tekna!!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
One word of warning with any online broker offering cheaper cars. I have warned many people of this last time got it thrwon back in my face as rubbish. A very large proportion of online retailers get there cars at a discount because they are pre reg cars meaning you wont be the first person on the V5 also you wont receive your V5 for about 6 months as I have just read elsewhere the last person I warned who rubbished me has just waited 3 months for his V5 car purchased November V5 arrived last week registered to him 5 days beforehand in February so he not only isnt the first owner he has driven round for 3 months illegally as car not registered to him. Also these days this can invalidate YOUR insurance as the Insurance companies ask is the care owned and registered by you. Also something else I discovered with insurance is you will only get new for old in the event of a claim if you are the first owner of the owner.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
specialk wrote:
Hi Deks Am I right in reading that the new 1.6 engine is to be less BHP @ 94. My daughter is ordering her new 13 plate today but nobody mentioned a new engineIve read this elsewhere and it was news to me Nissan gave me an update of somethings last week thogh they didnt mention this, mind you they left a few other critical pieces of information out as well.I will chase up on this and report back what I find out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I presume the clue is in the naming NISSAN JUKE HATCHBACK 1.6 [94] Visia 5dr. not sure if effects all 1.6 petrol models or how many of the higher BHP models are still unregistered.Seems a bit of a dark area , my main dealer Wessex claimed they new of this lower BHP model but could only guess at the whys and wherefores so if they don't know what they are selling there's going to be a lot of irate customers (maybe one for Anne Robinson to get here team on ).Surly Nissan should announce what they are up to, especially with customers like yourself having ordered new reg vehicles that might not be getting what they thing they have ordered.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I agree mellon man!As far as I am concerned the Acenta Premium that she is ordering is ordered as the 117 bhp. I am going with her to sign documents at 10:30 this morning, and the dealer has already told me that they have the stock number of the new vehicle so the spec should be on the order form. I'll double check

·
Registered
663 Posts
regarding the cost of the metalic paint, dont supose it will work everywhere but when i ordered my Juke from West Way i moaned like mad about the cost of the metalic paint as my arguement was it was white or pay up..told them i would go and have a look at other cars at other dealers and they knocked off the cost of the paint straight away so there is the le-way to do so, nothing to loose by asking

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.