Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dare say most of us have a hobby and mine is breeding canaries, various finches and what ever else takes my fancy. tomorrow is a big day in the bird breeders diary as it is Stafford Show which is held twice a year at the County Show ground at Stafford and it is one of the bigest shows there is and people come from all over to it.. I am not looking for anything in particular tomorrow, just going to see what takes my fancy as i want something different, maybe a bird i havent bred before. i go with a very good friend of mine and it is a great day out for those interested in the feathered variety of the BIRD. It is also very good for the accessories like cages,seed,cuttlefish,perches etc at a very good price indeed. i am very passionate about my birds and they get looked after very well, i dont make any money when i sell the young as the seed is very expensive these days so it just about covers the cost of that but i love breeding them, to watch them hatch out and grow and feather up is fantastic. they also get a good variety of veg, apples, sweetcorn, egg food and different tonics when needed..anyway thats my hobby and i hope i havent bored you all too much but i have 3 loves in my life, my family, my birds and my JUKE

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
My hobbies

Mostly work related
Help woth our local fairtrade group
Run our local town council Finance dept
Write and implement Buisness stratgerys for the council
Organise the swittch on of the Xmas lights And other fundraisers
serve a a board member for a national organisation

Just had to retire from Bellringing as bad back and joints
Walk around my local town and pathways

For relaxing I like to polish and detail my car on my days off

Sit on the Internet forums to unwind

·
Registered
115 Posts
Adult mentor at Hills Road Sixth Form college from October thru to the end of April assisting the students with the Robotics programme. Give up most Saturdays and every weekend from January thru March as we get ready for a competition in the U.S. This is my 5th (and final!) year. Getting too expensive; NO State funds, all has to come from donations. This year Catepiller/Perkins paid the entry fee (USD6,000) and we also managed to acquire some sponsorship funds.Going to NY on Wednesday with 6 students to compete. We get 6 weeks to design, build and ship a robot for the competition once they announce what it has to do - this year it has to throw frizbees and then climb a tower. The thing weighs in at over 100 lbs as it is made from half inch square steel tube.If anyone has children at school and they compete in Lego League robotics, then this is the next stage. Hills Road is the only U.K. team to compete, I think we are possibly the only one in Europe (EU) this year but Turkey and Israel are represented.We also compete in the competition organised by Southampton University (ex Hills Road students, no surprise) and this year some 35 teams around the country applied to take part. The robot has to be no bigger than 50cm square, run autonomously and pick up and move 30cm square blocks in a competition with three other robots in the arena. On-board camera, bar-code reading software and some programming ingenuity required. Great fun!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well had a great day out at the bird show yesterday with my mate, spent too much money though but worth it..when i got back took the wife out for a nice meal as it was 24 years to the day that we first met

·
Registered
867 Posts
oldbloke wrote: Well had a great day out at the bird show yesterday with my mate, spent too much money though but worth it..when i got back took the wife out for a nice meal as it was 24 years to the day that we first met

Nice touch OB. Smooth, very smooth... Congrats.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Kats wrote:Really boring, but ice skating and drinking wine Btw, not at the same time.......
Well, I do the wine bit but will give the skating a miss! My hobbie is model railways and heritage steam railways. Over the years I have built up a large collection of oo gage model locomotives and coaches. All from the old Southern Railway or BR Southern region. Mainly 1920's through to the end of steam in the 60's but also have an interest in all things Pullman and now collect Pullman coaches as well. I do a bit of buying and selling in railway auctions as well, just to fund my addiction.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts