Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi GuysRecently caught the Juke bug & been seriously looking at them lately.At the moment I have a 2006 BMW E90 320D M Sport which is a fantastic motor but just overkill for my day to day commute to work so looking to sell it asap (if anyone is after on let me know )I have been having a good look in to the different specs & models of jukes out there but my budget is really gonna limit what I can get.Maybe some of you juke owners can advise on the following :1: I've read that the 1.6 petrol feels a little underpowered for the weight? , although a couple of people have said if you put it in sport mode it does feel a little better?2: Coming from a BMW 320D I have been also looking at the 1.5 Diesel as i do like the extra poke a diesel can provide, is the 1.5 Diesel powerful enough to pull the juke along?3: I've got a rough idea of what each trim level entails but I'm looking at minimum the following - Bluetooth / MP3 playback (ideally USB socket) , steering controls for radio etc... / Leather seats would be nice but not essential / Fog Lights / Privacy glass / on board computer to change eco mode etc... , which trim level would be best for me to look for. I'm kind of pointing towards an Acenta?
tonksy182013-02-14 15:18:14

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi Tonksy,
Welcome to the mad house
I can`t comment on the diesel, mine is a 1.6 n/a 117 bhp and its quick enough for me, but i came from a Grand Vitara 1.6 and in sport mode it does feel like you have half a turbo under the bonnet.
For the spec you are looking for Acenta Premium is the one , but if you look at the Dig-T, you have the better performance again and more spec i believe.
Go book your self a test drive!
Plenty more will chip in with there thoughts as well, its a mine of information Jukeov2013-02-14 15:33:32

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Tonsky, welcome to the forum. Ok here goes. the 1.6 n/a is fine although I feel it lacks 6th gear but it pulls well and returns a reasonable level of MPG. The turbo petrol is a guided missle but mpg gets murdered in the process.The diesel pulls well and some say returns well mpg wise 45-50 a BMW diesel it isnt.I love my diesel and am on the second one.trim wise if you want leather then its tekna spec no option.the other toys are available on acenta premium. which i have and it suits me.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi thanks for the warm welcome.Unfortunatley the Dig-T is gonna be too out of my price range , as much I would love one I just couldn't afford one.i had a brief sit in a 1.6 Tekna yesterday & got to admit it felt good but again think a Tekna will be at the Higher end of the scale for me.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi tonsky18, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi and welcome Tonksy. its nice to have someone on here local to me as i am from Great Barr..i now drive the Juke Tekna 1.6 CVT petrol but before i had the Juke Premium 1.6 petrol manual which i think was a good spec. the Tekna has the leather, electric mirrors, auto lights and wipers. I am not a technical person when it comes to cars but i found that the 1.6 engine manual to have plenty under the bonnet, even in normal drive it wasnt bad at all but it aint a BMW. why dont you pop along to West Way Nissan at Sutton Coldfield as they are very helpful there, ive heard the Wolverhampton one isnt very helpful. i you wanted i would be more than happy to meet you there if it helps

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only Nissan I popped along to was the Brindley Cannock just to get a idea of what they had & what part ex would be but don't think i'm gonna go the dealer route as tend to find their used cars overpriced & their part ex values poor.think it's gonna be a case of selling my BMW privately then looking for a either a private sale or smaller garage selling a Juke at the right price.Any Juke owners in the walsall / wolves area that wouldn't mind me having a close up look at their juke? , i did have a quick look at brindley yesterday but it was freezing cold & snow was terrible so was pretty much a 2 min look.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I tend to agree with dealer p/x and used prices. That said not knowing your budget some dealers are prepared to go that little extra to secure a deal on a new one. Old saying dont ask dont get. I would look around aswell see what can be done Westway are good as are a new ish in the Birmingham area I thinkits called Nissan BirminghamHoldcrofts at Stoke are also another especially when it comes to accessories.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hi Tonksy, you are welcome to have a look at my Juke at any time if it is of any use to you but as i have already said it is the CVT automatic Tenka.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that's real kind of you & may take you up on your offer.it's more that i just want to get a feel for the overall size of the car & things like realistic interior space etc....the weather was terrible yesterday & I could barely stand 2 mins looking at the one they had on their forecourt before I ran back inside the dealership lol.I do feel it's gonna tick all my boxes, it's just a question of getting right price for my BMW & finding a juke at the right price too.

·
Registered
663 Posts
no probs, Tonksy you are welcome at any time, we could always meet up somewhere for a coffee and have a natter and a good look round the Juke

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Hi and welcome The 1.6n/a is fine in Sport mode. It's not that quick, but it's certainly no slouch (although it does feel under powered when 4-up). As Deks says, a 6th gear would be nice when cruising on the motorway but once you get used to keeping it spinning (and it's not noisy) you can maintain 90 with no problems.I hope that helps.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Tonksy and welcome. Coming from the power base you have in the BMW, either the diesel or 1.6 n/a are going to give a lot less power than you are used to. I would say that you should try to drive both versions via a dealer before you buy.If you can buy new there are good discounts to be had and currently 0% finance on some models with a Nissan deposit contribution. Also Carfile.net are good for deals. They source the car from a main dealer and you then deal direct with that dealer. They take a commission direct from the dealer so it's safe and all upfront.
Gismo2013-02-15 08:01:34

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oldbloke : that sounds cool, will pm you soon to arrange something.most of driving tends to be town driving so to be honest I barely get chance to use any of the "power" of the bmw diesel , from what I read there's about 40bhp difference between the 320d & the 1.5 Diesel Juke, i'm wondering if i'll notice that much of a difference.Also is there any remaps available for the Diesel Juke??

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
remap is on the way. Blue fin do a plug and play but I am off to Abbey Motorsport on Monday for a dyno run on my DCI.If I understand Mark correctly he needs a stand dyno plot to work on the remap either way I will have more info after Monday

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.