Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And on to the headlights...How to change your Juke headlight bulbTools you will need:None, but small hands help!Difficulty rating (1-10):probably a 2-3, just a bit tight on space.Breaking the usual forum standard, I went for these:I actually got mine from ebay in the end.As a word of advice, if you do go for these, do NOT but 'juke' in the search...These particular bulbs are standard across MANY cars - and bizarrely, sellers seem to base their prices on what car they are going in to - even though they are identical bulbs. So be a bit canny with your searching - sort by lowest price first, and for this bulb in particular, try different ways of spelling xtreme (x-treme)
TTDegs2013-06-29 14:20:45

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
While on the headlights, I finally fitted lamin-x to my headlamps and fog lamps at the weekend - it's a tough film about 1mm thick designed to protect from impacts and stone chips. Virtually invisible (so no point taking a photo), and easy to install - I cut out an approximate template in cardboard then used that to cut the lamin-x, stuck it on at one edge and then peeled the rest of the backing, smoothing it out until all done. Then used a scalpel to trim around the edge which left a very neat finish. Because the lamps are fairly flat, I didn't need to use a hairdryer to help it around any curves.It could also be used as a virtually invisible film to pretect the leading edge of the bonnet if you don't have the bonnet protector.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
acrorat wrote:If you search for Philips treme 100 H 4, that does the job (17.25 a pair).
Darn!I overpaid.... by 5p

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to concentrate on the Driver's side, as that is the slightly more difficult of the two, as space is a bit more cramped.This pic doesn't really do it justice, but you are looking for the big rubber circle with the connector in the middle of it - you really can't miss it

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gently pull that connector off the back of the bulb...and then gently pull the rubber off too (no sniggering at the back please )The rubber grommet thing is there to keep dust, muck and (most) water out of the light unit, so put it somewhere safe.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To remove the bulb, it is held in by a spring clip - you can just about see it in the previous photo of the back of the bulb.There are 2 'prongs' that you need to squeeze together, and then pull them away from the bulb.They are hinged at the bottom, so shouldn't fall off - but be a bit careful.This allows you to simply then remove the bulb.Here is the original on the right, and the replacement on the left.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re-fitting is then exactly all the above, in reverse - as mentioned in all the best Haynes manuals Bulb in (being careful not to touch the glass!)Note that it will only fit one way.In the shot below (original bulb), you will see that there is a 'flat' bit at the bottom - this should be at the bottom when you put the bulb back in.Spring clip back in - the bulb should then be held pretty firmly.If it moves more than just a little bit, try moving the spring around a bit.Rubber grommet back on.This is a little fiddly, but easy enough.Just make sure that all three prongs on the back of the bulb are through the hole in the middle.Re-connect the connector - it only fits on one way.Job jobbed
TTDegs2013-05-04 23:16:26

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
An finally, the before and after shots...Before - dipped beam:After - dipped beam:Before - main beam:After - main beam:Hmmmmmlets hope that looks better at night!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actd wrote:
While on the headlights, I finally fitted lamin-x to my headlamps and fog lamps at the weekend - it's a tough film about 1mm thick designed to protect from impacts and stone chips. Virtually invisible (so no point taking a photo), and easy to install - I cut out an approximate template in cardboard then used that to cut the lamin-x, stuck it on at one edge and then peeled the rest of the backing, smoothing it out until all done. Then used a scalpel to trim around the edge which left a very neat finish. Because the lamps are fairly flat, I didn't need to use a hairdryer to help it around any curves.It could also be used as a virtually invisible film to pretect the leading edge of the bonnet if you don't have the bonnet protector.
Good call!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
TTDegs wrote:And finally finally, because no car DIY work would be complete without this...Similarly, car washing (today) is never complete without very wet feet, back-biting sprayer head on hose (resulting in unwanted face wash), split thumb nail (big ouch) and ****ing UKIP leaflet deliverer bending my ear about what he uses on his DS3 .

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got round to getting a night time shot

Not the best, as you can tell from the apparent whiteness of the (still standard) sidelights, but it does show that they are whiter...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorted, was pretty easy, good guide.
My only issue was actually getting the light onto the hole (the 3 points didn't not fit in snug for a while).

FYI the ones I took of my juke (manufactured may 2013) were osram in case anyone wonders... harveyhanson2013-06-19 14:18:46

·
Registered
174 Posts
TTDegs - thanks for these instructions. Very easy to follow.Not too difficult a job to do in the end, but it always helps to have some good instructions Ended up fitting Osram Night Breaker Unlimited - not a bad light, would have been nicer if they were a bit whiter but an improvement on what was originally fitted.JB

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.