Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A How To guide for replacing Juke front indicators.For a thread on what bulbs to use, please click hereFirst up, lets remind ourselves of the standard egg yolk look:
TTDegs2013-06-29 14:22:45

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tools you will need:None. But small hands help!Difficulty rating (1-10):I'm going for a 3, but only because space is a bit tight if you have average sized hands.It's otherwise very easy.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok.So, where to start?You need to pop the bonnet to get at the back of the lights.(But you kinda knew that )The Driver side bulb is the easiest to find first, as you have the washer bottle neck to reference from in the pic below.It's half hidden by that rectangular flap of plastic - the lamp housing is the white bit near the top of the second pic, attached to the grey bit.You'll be working by feel for most of this job...

TTDegs2013-04-23 08:58:11

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You need to take out the whole of the bulb holder.By feel, reach in and find it - work up from that wire in the previous pic if you're unsure.It is tight, and to begin with you will think it isn't going to move.It will though, and there are a couple of sticky out flaps on it to help (a bit!).Rotate it in the direction of the RED arrow to remove.Difficult to get your head around when standing in front of the car - think of it as screwing a screw in (in the UK at least)After about a third of a turn, it will stop turning - and can be simply pulled out - it may even fall out on itself.The passenger side one should be easy now that you have done the driver side one

TTDegs2013-04-23 13:11:13

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Home straight now! Each bulb is a simple push and twist to remove / replace.SUGGESTION - Do NOT put the spare bulbs on the top of the engine cover when replacing, as that's just asking for trouble (yes, I did...)Having rescued the silver bulb, pop it in.Again, best to test the bulbs at this point.Once confirmed ok, put the holder back in place in the lamp unit.This is a little tricky, as you're working blind, and the holders only fit in one position - but a bit of fiddling and you're good to go.Make sure you twist them securely in to place - twist until they will twist no more (again, about a third of a turn)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Deks wrote:I so want a set of them blacked combi lights just dont want to give Nissan £130+ each for them
The other option is to pay about £22K for them, but get a free Nismo thrown in? Unfortunately, I don't think it'll be all that long before some start appearing on the second hand market from rear ended N-Tec and Nismos

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Just a quick question.Does "Rotate it away from you." mean 'clockwise'? The assumption is that one is working right-handed whilst standing in front of the engine compartment.I ask because most (though not all) screw-in components undo anti-clockwise, so rotating the other way seems counter-intuitive.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Image updated:So, twist in the same direction as if it were a screw - counter-clockwise to remove, clockwise to replace.Just get your head around which way that means when you are standing in front of the car, with your hands buried in the engine compartment!

TTDegs2013-04-23 13:09:06

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Questions are always appreciated, as it means I havent explained well enough - which isn't ideal in a How To guide

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
It's easy to forget that not everyone knows the 'normal' direction for undoing things, which I learned at my Father's knee!I tried (not always successfully) to get my apprentices (both lads and lasses) to remember "Right for Tight, Left for Loose" .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts