Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How To Guide showing removal of side indicators, swapping bulb and putting back.For a thread about what bulbs to use, please see hereFirst up, let's remind ourselves of the egg yolk look that all Jukes (and most other cars for that matter), have as standard

TTDegs2013-06-29 14:21:40

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tools you will need:ideally a plastic edged thinish blade.Or alternatively, a small flat head screwdriver and a bit of cloth.You WILL be touching paintwork here, and the last thing you want is a big scratch to detract from all you efforts...Difficulty rating (1-10):probably about a 2, and that only because you need to be a bit careful not to scratch the paintwork.The indicators are easy to remove.They simply pop out on one side - with a little bit of help.once out, you can see how they were held in

TTDegs2013-04-23 08:36:45

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clear lens simply pops off with a easy twist, revealing the bulb...which in turn simply pulls out of the holder, making a very easy push in for the new oneAlways a good idea to test the bulb at this point!This also shows how orange the silver bulb is when lit.(yes, I took about a dozen photos to try and get it when it was lit up )then just put the lens back on, and pop it back in place

·
Registered
99 Posts
Nice how-to TTDegs!I think the standard side indicators do look a bit odd, and not even just because of the tiny yellow bit in the middle. I was thinking a clear plastic might look better than the whitish standard one. Wonder if anyone does alternative covers?What other mods are you doing? Looking forward to more how-tos

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers

Alternatives seem to be very few and far between - although the concept of the clip in cover seems pretty standard, the sizes and clip method seems to vary. Quite a lot.

It appears that we share our indicator with just 2 other nissan models - the micra and navara.
But alternatives for them are sparse too.

I have a plan, but at best part of £20 for a pair to play with, that's on the back burner for now...

Mods on the horizon?
Yep, one or two
Cheap and cheerful ones for the moment, in the middle of sorting a mortgage out... TTDegs2013-05-08 00:06:51

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
One option might be to cover the indicators with lamin-x - they do various tints including blue, red and smoke so it would blend the indicator into the paintwork a little - I don't think the tint is enough to reduce the light output or colour significantly.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
actd wrote:
One option might be to cover the indicators with lamin-x - they do various tints including blue, red and smoke so it would blend the indicator into the paintwork a little - I don't think the tint is enough to reduce the light output or colour significantly.

Indeed

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the regular Juke's you can actually open the hood and stick your hands inside the fender area by the cowl. Very easy access and no chance of paint scratches.Does the Nismo Juke have that kind of access?? It would be much easier.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
MSA wrote:On the regular Juke's you can actually open the hood and stick your hands inside the fender area by the cowl. Very easy access and no chance of paint scratches.Does the Nismo Juke have that kind of access?? It would be much easier.Thanks MSA, I meant to ask/add this point myself. When I changed mine I put put had down from inside the engine bay and popped the unit out from inside

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
MSA wrote: On the regular Juke's you can actually open the hood and stick your hands inside the fender area by the cowl. Very easy access and no chance of paint scratches.

Does the Nismo Juke have that kind of access?? It would be much easier.
Used that very technique myself yesterday - thank you.
Much safer than prising out.

I think of all the bulb swaps, this one is the most noticeable, even when not being used it looks a million times better.
I have a large, growing collection of "hardly used" bulbs now, as I suspect have many others on here.....

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: [I have a large, growing collection of "hardly used" bulbs now, as I suspect have many others on here..... Oh Yes, Every bulb on my car except for the fogs has been changed I have a juiify bag full of bulbsfor the car in the boot

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: MSA wrote: On the regular Juke's you can actually open the hood and stick your hands inside the fender area by the cowl. Very easy access and no chance of paint scratches.Does the Nismo Juke have that kind of access?? It would be much easier. Used that very technique myself yesterday - thank you.Much safer than prising out.I think of all the bulb swaps, this one is the most noticeable, even when not being used it looks a million times better.I have a large, growing collection of "hardly used" bulbs now, as I suspect have many others on here.....
I had a clear out yesterday, and found three sets of W5W LED bulbs that I've picked up along the way, mixed in with buckets full of normal bulbs of various sizes and colours

·
Registered
838 Posts
I can easy trump that, I've got 7 sets of H4 in my garage bought in my quest to find a good match ( legal) with my led sides and drl's. From nightbreakers to cheap eBay crap, all too yellow for my liking.
So, settled for some 7500K jobs from Carmod shop, not bad but my search continues.. Really happy with the Cree fogs though?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts