Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok how do you clean the roof of the juke? i'm 5ft 3" so i have no chance i cant even reach the top of the front screen!! my husband is around 5ft 7" and he still cant reach the middle of the roof so he had to climb on the sill's to reach the middle i have suggested buying a small step however my hubby isnt so keen,as he thinks it might slip and hurt us or the juke if we fall off it So how do you reach the roof safely?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I can only just reach the middle of the roof at the back of the car. I'm on tip toes to reach at the front.I was going to opt for a small plastic step but haven't got round to getting one yet.It will be a lot less of a worry now I can snow foam it

·
Registered
542 Posts
I use one one of those rolling steps with the sprung retracting wheels like you see in use in places like BBQ ? (don't want to advertise). When not standing on it put the bucket on it, saves bending so much. When not cleaning the car i use it for other things , occasional saw horse for quick little jobs, decorating etc. On a road surface ( Tarmac ) they don't roll around too much if not stood on. If standing on it very stable. Tc

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
T c wrote:I use one one of those rolling steps with the sprung retracting wheels like you see in use in places like BBQ ? (don't want to advertise). When not standing on it put the bucket on it, saves bending so much. When not cleaning the car i use it for other things , occasional saw horse for quick little jobs, decorating etc. On a road surface ( Tarmac ) they don't roll around too much if not stood on. If standing on it very stable. Tc
That's a clever idea. I call them Daleks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Works for me , I purchased mine from Arg-s although i don't think that they do them now, last saw them on sale with Screwf-x, I put dalek on ground with bucket on it , do a bit, pick up bucket shove dalek with foot , place bucket back on it and do the next bit, although I always do the roof first. Tc

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Deks wrote:I found these to be quite tall and helpful at reaching the parts others cant

my husband said yes they would be just the job ......me on the other hand really likes her shoes!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Deks wrote:I found these to be quite tall and helpful at reaching the parts others cant

Sponges and Shammies!! tutt tutt! I find a small sets of steps are just the job, plus they can be used as a portable shelf. My previous vehicle was a navara and the steps came in very handy when cleaning that beast

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.