1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those Juke owners who have a Connect 2 fitted
I'm assuming that you have Set up your connect 2 account

Instructions for Google Send to Car

Next, load up Google Maps on your PC or Mac.At this time, this functionality does not seem to be compatible with mobile browsers
Search for the place you are going to_Over on the left of the screen, you will see your results listed.

Click on the one you want - more specifically, the little down pointing arrow next to it
The one we want is Send. (surprisingly)And then - even more surprisingly - choose 'Car', and select 'Nissan' from the drop down list
Almost there now...Type in the account you created back in the first place...

And press Send

Next time you get in your Juke, you will be able to retrieve this as your destination - but that's next next bit, which I will do tomorrow
TTDegs2013-05-01 23:04:06

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
acrorat wrote: BUT, you really ought to get out more and finish running the car in .
That's very true...Still, CREE sidelights to fit tomorrow

·
Registered
115 Posts
TTDegs wrote:acrorat wrote: BUT, you really ought to get out more and finish running the car in .
That's very true...Still, CREE sidelights to fit tomorrow He can't go out until he knows where he is going - hence the Guide!Jeff

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, as promised, part 2

Having saved your destination on your mac / pc as above, this (appears to have) saved it to your account.

So now we need to get in the car, and retrieve it!

Power the car on, and select the nav setup button.
Unsurprisingly, Google Send to car is the option you need

And then, update

Assuming you are happy with the cost of,the call, hit Accept

And wait
This does only,take a few seconds, but you will need a phone signal

And... You're done

·
Registered
99 Posts
Havent got my Juke yet, but doing all my reading while I wait.I am just curious how does the juke share your phones internet, is it just via a direct bluetooth connection or do you need a phone capable of tethering (and subscribed to tethering plan)For example will my iPhone 5 work ok? I do have a tethering plan already.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It simply dials a number via the Bluetooth connected phone, must admit I didn't notice what the number was.

Then squawks down the line, dial up Internet circa last century styley.

So your iPhone should be fine

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is such a cool feature... My wifes Toyota yaris has this same feature and whenever she gets lost I'll just send it to her car!! Much simplier than explaining how to use her satnav lol

Glad this is on the juke!

Just roll on July when me Nismo arrives!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
TTDegs wrote:It simply dials a number via the Bluetooth connected phone, must admit I didn't notice what the number was. Then squawks down the line, dial up Internet circa last century styley. So your iPhone should be fine
Poop, I thought it was more clever then that!Stuff like the weather updates, flight updates etc require the phone dialled and connected then I guess?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
r3hxn wrote: TTDegs wrote:It simply dials a number via the Bluetooth connected phone, must admit I didn't notice what the number was.

Then squawks down the line, dial up Internet circa last century styley.

So your iPhone should be fine

Poop, I thought it was more clever then that!
Stuff like the weather updates, flight updates etc require the phone dialled and connected then I guess?
Yep.

It's dead straight forward once initially set up though, no need to do anything other than touch the on screen buttons, and about 10 seconds later or so you get the updates.

I only know it squawks because I set the phone to speakerphone to find out what it was doing

And my works blackberry, which is notoriously finicky about what it connects to, connects to the Juke with no problems, first time every time

·
Registered
136 Posts
Did this earlier for the weather, funnily enough it told me it was raining (I knew that, that's why I was still in the car rather than in the office as it was peeing down!).I was hoping you could send a specific route to it but seems you just send the address, the way google maps wants to take me I know isn't the quickest way, so I was able to tell google the best way and hoped I could send it those instructions.....I'll test further and let you know if I find a way of doing that!

·
Registered
99 Posts
mmm unless I was day dreaming I thought the advert shows the guy dragging the route to an alternative route on Google maps then sends it to his car.The weather function I think is a bit pointless? you need a phone to do it and almost anyone with a phone these days has a smart phone capable of checking the weather in 2 clicks! :(

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'll keep a close eye on that advert next time it's on! Also the weather on the screen is handy as technically you shouldn't be playing on your phone whilst driving, I'm just playing with the radio which is allowed as long as you are paying due care and attention.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
crag wrote: I'll keep a close eye on that advert next time it's on! Also the weather on the screen is handy as technically you shouldn't be playing on your phone whilst driving, I'm just playing with the radio which is allowed as long as you are paying due care and attention.

The good news is, you don't need to touch the phone

You set the destination (and maybe! route) on your pc, and save it to your nissan account via the Send to Car option in Google maps.

In the Juke, you use the sat nav touchscreen (same as radio) to pick up the destination (route?), and the Connect unit then dials out on your phone (without you touching it) to connect and download that from your account, direct into the sat nav

·
Registered
99 Posts
I tested this out today. I see what you mean about the weather, once downloaded you dont necessarily need to dial out every time its just there for you to check.Also tested a 3rd party app called Send to Car that works quite well and effectively lets you use the normal map app and when you have browsed to a location you want, you click on route -> bus route(makes sense when you do it) -> then it lets you select an external app to open the route in, Send to Car is one of the choices, the app itself just submits the address to nissan connect.In practice it replaces the send button they have removed from mobile browsers.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
...and the evil google empire knows your phone number, where you are, that you drive a Juke, where you are going, who has sent to your car, what you have sent to other cars, who your friends are, their phone number, where they are, where they are going, etc. etc....Nice feature but not if you don't want America knowing everything about you and your friends P.S. great guide BTW
Paul_S2013-07-05 20:54:42

·
Registered
4 Posts
As I rarely use a mobile phone I only keep a simple basic PAYG one which I top up from time to time for emergency purposes or say when going on holiday. I am aware that I need a bluetooth phone if I am to make use of the 'send to car facility' so my question is will a PAYG bluetooth phone be OK to enable my desktop computer to communicate with the car? If affirmative can someone advise what phone I should buy.Thanks in advance.Pauline English »SpanishAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBengaliBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simp)Chinese (Trad)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKannadaKoreanLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddishAfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBengaliBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simp)Chinese (Trad)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKannadaKoreanLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish Feedback : History : Options

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.