Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found this info elsewhere on the net but thought it may be of use to members here so here it is : I assume as these instructions were given out by N C S that the system must now be live 1. Create a You+Nissan account. On You+Nissan you can then click on the Nissan Connect link. Or you can use the following link https://owners.nissanconnect.eu/aqPortal/GB/en

2. When the Nissan Connect website loads, click on the "Create Account" button.

3. Complete the form presented to create your account.

4. Tick box and then click the "Next" button.

5. Complete the form with your car's details.

6. Click the "Next" button.

7. Read the terms and conditions.

8. Tick box and then click the "Agree" button.

9. On the screen that appears press the "Create Account" button.

10. A pop up will appear advising that an email has been sent to your email address.

11. Go to your email account and await the arrival of the registration email. (This can take a few minutes to arrive).

12. In the email click the "Activate Account" button.

13. A website will open displaying further instructions.

**Do not proceed with the following steps until you have received the email and pressed the activate account button.**

14. You now need to go to your Nissan vehicle with the instructions shown on the website. You can click the "Print" button to take a copy with you.

15. Please go to your vehicle
and enter the Nissan Connect ID as mentioned in the email and your
Nissan Connect password which you created while registering.

16. Turn on your vehicle.

17. Pair your compatible Bluetooth-enabled phone. For help with Bluetooth pairing please click the link provided in your email.

18. Press the "Set Up" button.

19. Touch "Info" on the screen.

20. Touch "Register for Info Services".

21. Press 'Continue' and select the country for a
dial-in number. Please note that this system will use the
Bluetooth-paired phone to dial a number when connecting. Normal
wireless operator call charges will apply.

22. Enter your Nissan Connect ID and press 'OK'.

23. Enter your Nissan Connect owner's portal password and press 'OK'.

24. Your Nissan Connect system should now be active.
25. To subscribe for services you can do so by
logging into your Nissan Connect Account. The link for the Nissan
Connect website can be found in your You+Nissan account, or by
following the link below: https://owners.nissanconnect.eu/aqPortal/GB/en

Deks2013-03-23 16:11:13

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Good heads-up as always. Cheers, Deks

I'm confused by the order of operations 15 and 16, as it doesn't say where to enter the information.

My guess would be via the connect screen, which needs at least the accessories to be switched on.

Maybe it says in the print-out, I guess whoever does this first can clarify for other Connect 2 owners.acrorat2013-03-21 21:39:29

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks to Deks I have just set this up on my Connect. Once registered the email you receive back gives a link to the web page and you can print off a short list of instructions. These are:1 Turn on your vehicle2 Pair your phone via Bluetooth (Unless already done)3 Press set up button on Connect4 Select info5 Select register for Info Services6 Press continue and select UK from country list7 Enter the ID you set up on the website8 Enter your Connect passwordThe Connect 2 will then connect via your mobile and carry out a download and that's it. All done and ready to go.Just to clarify, when you go to the Connect link that Deks provided for the Connect portal, you have to register your email and a password, these are then used to register the unit in the car and are separate from any login you may have for your You+Nissan account which is a separate entity.Hope this helps everyone.

·
Registered
419 Posts
wildfire wrote:we are on the you+nissan site but cannot find the nissan connect link and the link address you has on is not highligthing up for us to use any suggestions would be a great help thanks
As per Deks original post the site you need for the Connect is https://owners.nissanconnect.eu/aqPortal/GB/enYou need to register a username (email) and set up a password which is separate from your You+Nissan account.Hope this helpsGismo
Deks2013-03-23 16:11:53

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
My mate is buying a 2012 Juke and he can't use the connect registration - it only runs from current year (2012).
I assume the car is set up and working but with the details of the previous keeper - so what happens with used cars?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
OK....being a bit thick here done all of the above, sat in the car while it made 1980's 'net noises - all good So - how do I then turn the services on (in my account page they are showing as 'complimentary, not activated'), and perhaps as importantly, how do I use them...? (I've used my works BBerry to do the connection with, but can pair my personal iPhone if needs be)fank oo!

·
Registered
419 Posts
They show as complimentary because they are free for 3 years.I am guessing that after this you would need to pay a subscriptions. Within navigation go to POI's and you will see the google options listed.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Cheers Gismo, will try that

I guess I need to rtfm to work out how to actually send something (like the address of a big red pole) to it...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oops. Failed at step 1. Didn't set up a You+Nissan account first, just plunged headlong into the connect registration. Connect details sent, but have been waiting almost 24 hours for conformation email, so I contacted NCS. They pointed out my error.Now my details are being looked at by NCS and I should get an email soon (hopefully)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Chuffingheck wrote:Oops. Failed at step 1. Didn't set up a You+Nissan account first, just plunged headlong into the connect registration. Connect details sent, but have been waiting almost 24 hours for conformation email, so I contacted NCS. They pointed out my error.Now my details are being looked at by NCS and I should get an email soon (hopefully)I don't think that is the problem. I registered with You+Nissan 4 days before registering with Nissan Connect and over a day later I'm still waiting for my confirmation email .

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well, I have set up my connect account, but when I go on Google maps, either the iPad app or the web page on Chrome, I cannot spot the more>send to car option.
Am I looking in the wrong place .? Anyone got a screenshot of the send to car option ?

Miff

·
Registered
228 Posts
Assuming the PC Google maps, original version rather than the new version, you can go into the 'Get directions' dialog and then click on the link icon at the top right of that dialog (right next to the printer icon).This gives you a dialog with a send button, click that and if you are logged in to a Google account then 'send to car' is visible.

karma mechanic2013-12-15 10:14:45

1 - 20 of 65 Posts