Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Nissan ICON system being such an innovative piece of technology, I have been thinking about reliability - particularly if one changes the driving modes frequently and constantly switches between D Mode and Climate.

Has anyone heard of system faults or failures or am I thinking too much? Most likely I should be exhibiting more faith in Nissan as a brand ?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I mode?????
What's this about other modes than sport

Never had mine out of sport either.

As above not heard of any issue and to be honest it isn't that complicated
If you want to see technical in a Nissan poke your head in a GTR

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kats wrote: Stick it in sport and leave it alone, us my motto

But seriously we have not ad any problems in 2 years

I do like your style Kats.

I'm not convinced that there is much saving to be had in Eco - the greater revs required to get up to speed is off-set against the flexibility of increased throttle and turbo pressure when in Sport and Normal.

I do like to make use of the displays however, but have noticed that I am operating in Climate much more in the Winter than Summer. For example; Summer = auto and permanently left in D Mode, Winter = manual vent and temperature control on start up returning to auto later plus switching back and forth between each mode with regularity. This is what has prompted my thoughts on this matter.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deks wrote:If you want to see technical in a Nissan poke your head in a GTR

Fair point Steve - like I said, I am probably being over analytical.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi There.

Got my Nismo a fortnight ago. Took it out for its first drive. Whilst using the I-CON i pressed the Drive Info button in, and it stuck in. This effectively disabled all other functions. This was problematic because I was unable to operate the de-mister. Apparantly it's a known problem! Seems to be caused by the heater behind the dash. Taking it back to the dealer next week.

Steve

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

I've not heard of this before (hence my thread really), so the term known problem doesn't ring true on these pages at least.

Thanks for posting, hope you get it sorted - please update us with the fix (wonders if a recall is necessary).

Btw; great choice of spec: what colour Nismo do you have?

·
Registered
838 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote:I leave her in eco mode when I know that her indoors is going to drive her next.
. How cruel is that
Mind you, i only have the std 1.6 and wifey dont like the sport mode, it has to go in normal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.