Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else's juke charge their iPhone/pad/pod?

I'm getting a "this accessory does not support charging" message

Thinking this MAY be due to the long cable I'm using, but it was ok from my mains plug...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking that it may be the cable length just tripping it below charge level then

Which is something of a downer.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The short cable (about 12cm) is the perfect length to tuck the iPhone neatly in the recess below the dash. The cable is black and adds to the comparative invisibility of the iPhone (about 2 quid on Ebay).

·
Registered
115 Posts
The iPad needs a minimum of 1 amp and most USB chargers or USB ports will only supply 500 ma.New smartphones (Samsung S4 for example) often have 2 amp chargers. You can buy cigar plug chargers with 2 amp outputs - I have a charger with two USB outputs, one 2 amp, one 500 ma for non i-apple items.Jeff

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I may need to do that - I'm running it off the inbuilt USB at the moment, for the control from the connect, but I'll revert to Bluetooth for that

Sigh.
This should have been so easy...

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
TTDegs wrote: Think I may need to do that - I'm running it off the inbuilt USB at the moment, for the control from the connect, but I'll revert to Bluetooth for that

Sigh.
This should have been so easy...
I got a small DC power connector to USB converter which works in the Juke (have tried it) and a decent length black lead for 4/4S which works with both. If you want them send me your address in a PM.
Even if you just test to show the combination works for you before making any decisions......

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers CH, that's a very kind offer, many thanks

I've actually just ordered £2.75 worth of twin USB socket (yes, last of the big spenders ) but if that doesn't do the job I'll certainly take you up on it, nice one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts