Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So, went a bit mad today. Fitted my illuminated sill guards to finish the ambient lighting off.Got the speaker grills into the wine rack and had a spare side shine led,so cut it in half and ran it down my rear lenses.

Deks2013-02-16 20:02:07

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Deks, sorry to be a pain. Will have to get the 14 year old niece round to sort the photobucket thing out!
No OB, nowhere near. I had a feeling the Nissan ambient lighting was about £180, but Jthspace in the mood lighting thread said £350 , so don't know, I maybe wrong.
Anyway, I am all done at £62, maybe not as professional but it look OK to my eyes.
Wifes still shaking her head tho

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi OB , yes the speaker grills worked well. There is a photo when they get uploaded. I trimmed them all by cutting about an inch deep across the top to give me about a 4 inch flat which I pushed up against the ledge which forms the narrow slit above the wine racks, and cable tied in. Looks OK , I think

·
Registered
115 Posts
Jukeov wrote:Thanks Deks, sorry to be a pain. Will have to get the 14 year old niece round to sort the photobucket thing out!No OB, nowhere near. I had a feeling the Nissan ambient lighting was about £180, but Jthspace in the mood lighting thread said £350 , so don't know, I maybe wrong.Anyway, I am all done at £62, maybe not as professional but it look OK to my eyes.Wifes still shaking her head tho Nissan UK online quotes £407 for ambient lighting. :(Jeff

·
Registered
663 Posts
nice job done Jukeov. ambience lighting, illuminated sill, wine rack and rear lights all look good from what i can see from the photos..wished i could do things like that, DIY in the house im great with except electrics but cars i rubbish with plus the old arthritis in the back and knees dont help...no fun this getting old you know

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jthspace wrote: Jukeov wrote:Thanks Deks, sorry to be a pain. Will have to get the 14 year old niece round to sort the photobucket thing out!
No OB, nowhere near. I had a feeling the Nissan ambient lighting was about £180, but Jthspace in the mood lighting thread said £350 , so don't know, I maybe wrong.
Anyway, I am all done at £62, maybe not as professional but it look OK to my eyes.
Wifes still shaking her head tho

Nissan UK online quotes £407 for ambient lighting. :(

Jeff

Wow, £400+, Is that fitted I wonder?Anyway, thanks for the comments guys

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks,OB Well £62 and a couple of hours Just posting another pic as i`ve just read ctrdetailings `how to post pictures on the forum(for thickos like me) , thanks ctr and we`ll see if it works

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Juke5ter, I ran my wires from the interior light , across the headlining and down the A-pillar into the drivers footwell and spurred off 4/5 times, with male/female bullets.Then took one of them spurs across to the passenger footwell and spurred off twice there. So, ive just bought most of the wires to the front and connected up.
For the rear footwells i just broke into the loom each side under the trim and found the wire to the door switch.
Ive got some spare strips which i might mount under the seats, although the missus thinks its too much like a brothel already!!............

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Jukeov,

Thanks for the detailed instructions, think it maybe pushing my limited skills a bit too far, i will take a look at it tomorrow when im fitting the grill over the wine rack holes in the bottom bumper.

Got the grill from here -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-BLACK-MESH-DIAMOND-RACING-GRILLE-VENT-CAR-BMW-/110707004014?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D5773000681758316267%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D2%26sd%3D140653665617%26

Had a look on their site they also do boot liners for the juke at a pretty good priceJUKE5TER2013-02-22 12:26:46

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Nice work Just a quick note of caution, I can't remember but I expect the Juke has airbags in the A pillars - be careful when you run wires down there not to either damage the bags or pin them down (preventing them from working properly).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts