Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my duke for a week now getting used to it and getting to like it more and more, but I do find the interior space smaller than I thought it would be (also could do with a few more storage places).Such as when my wife is driving (she is a small lady) and I am in the passenger seat (and I am not huge huge 5'11" 14 stone) I have to lift my leg so she can get at the hand break.Also with my grand daughter in her child seat I can't put front seat to far back as jams her feet (shes 2yr 3 months old)So before you buy make sure you fully check out the interior space out, and if you are a Large Lady or Gent go for something bigger.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It is small, I used to have a Peugeot 308 3 door and the wheelbase of the juke is smaller, it is very deceptive in size, looks bigger than it is, but I love it to much to worry.

Also my friends kids argue over who sits in the back, due to the mafia tint glass, used to be the front seat fight.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I dont find the car that small, I am 5ft 10 and 17 stone. However I agree its smaller than you may think and I would class it as a 2+2 if thats the right term. That said 4 adults and a 5 year old travelled round for the day in it reasonably comfortably. Still not a full size family car but then if thats what you want the Qashqai is there. I do find myself less comfortable in the passenger seat than the drivers seat. Is that because the 6 year old is behind the passenger or because my wife is driving

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
when I was looking originally, the dealer told me the inside was about the size of a Ford fiesta - I'd say he was about right.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes agree about Ford Fiesta size may be a little bit bigger.I'm not knocking the Juke just as many say seems bigger than it is and I can forgive it for that as it is sogreat to drive.I just wanted to make other potential buyers aware of this (especially those who have families to to run around) you might feel your buying bigger, as the salesman told me it was much bigger than my old Citroen CI, but inside I find it's not if at all, outside yes and of course much higher and feels stronger and safer.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'm going to differ from the consensus slightly. Whilst I endorse the sizing comments for the most part, my Juke is a family car. I have a 6 1/2 and a 3 1/2 year old and they are quite comfortable in the back. I have my seat fairly retracted and my eldest fits with sufficient leg room behind me. By comparison, my wife has the passenger seat further forward; she finds the passenger footwell to be fine (she is about 5-10) and my youngest has acres of leg room behind her. With the false floor removed and no spare wheel, I find the boot will also just about accommodate our luggage needs when the time comes to journey away from home on holiday.

Add the 190bhp, the superb driving position and all round visibility and the great driving experience; I find it a great family package.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm 6 foot 13st and was ok driving position
Misses is 5.1size 8 but carries a big handbag and was quite happy with everything
She liked the high up driving position to see out and the fact she could see the headlights /wings and camera for the back got her excited
Boot is big enough for us and seats fold down if required easily

We also have the Honda accord if we need more space but she's not keen on it as its too big but ok to chaufer my parents about

1 - 8 of 8 Posts