Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Newbie here so apologies if this has been asked before.
I’ve had my 2020 Juke NConnecta for 14 months now (was a 3 time Qashqai owner before) on the whole fairly pleased with the Juke…had a issue with rear doors not being able to open from inside when first picked it up but Nissan sorted that.
My question is to do with the Climate control auto function, I’ve noticed if I have it in Auto mode but NO vents open I’m not getting any warm or cool air to either the screen or feet. I can hear the fan but nothing comes out!
Is this normal?

I read the owners book & that says the Auto function controls the fan speed & air distribution, (nothing about a face vent has to be open)…to me that would suggest it should put air through to the feet &/or the screen.
I’m sure all my Qashqai’s did distribute as well, so would have thought it would be the same for the Juke.

If any could do a check in their Juke for me that would be great.
Cheers
M

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve tested on a hot day, I had the temperature set to “Lo”& the A/C on. In auto mode the fan was up to speed 4 or 5. Cool air comes out the face vents.
I close all the face vents & can hear the fan going crazy but no cool air coming out of anywhere.
I put my hand on the face vents & it is cold behind it, but not the same at screen or floor!
I travelled about 10 minutes like this & the cabin was getting warmer & warmer. So defo no air been fed to the floor or screen.

I change the temperature to match the outside temp 22, the fan still going, no warm air coming out the floor or screen. I open a vent & that air is slightly warm!

so either there is a fault or this is how it’s meant to work & the manual misses out “a face vent must be open”!
Like I said I’m sure on all 3 of my QQs auto mode fed air to the floor & screen.
I don’t know anyone with a 2020 Juke to get them to test it.
I’ve got it booked in with the dealer, but I know they will just try & fob me off with “that’s how’s it’s meant to work” so was hoping a Juke owner might be able to help.
Cheers
M

·
Registered
785 Posts
Tried at the weekend, and auto only seems to use the vents on the dash. It controls the fan and temp, an only sets the vents to the dash.

I tried by setting it to feet then auto and it changed so no air to the feet and diash vents only. I would have thought it would be feet and dash vents, but it's not.

I can live with needing the vents open if on auto, it woudl be a bit silly if you turn on the aircon and close all the vents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Many thanks for checking & replying.
The reason I closed the vents was to see if it would push the air to the foot vents,(as I don't want a lot of cold air on my face / neck)...but it doesn't the fan just sits there screaming at speed 5, 6 or 7
but that is my point, the AUTO mode seems to be reliant on at least 1 of the face/side vents being open - manually by the user. But that is not mentioned in the manual.
Because of the requirement to manually open the vents, to me, the AUTO system should have sensors on the vents to dedect that they are open, how many are open & then do one of 3 things:
adjust the fan speed accordingly
open up the foot vents
give the driver a warning to open a vent

interestingly this on the RAC website for keeping the car cool in hot weather:
“Heat rises, so it makes sense to blast the cooler, air-conditioned air into the footwells, forcing the hot air already inside the car upwards and out of the open windows. Shut off the upper vents on the dashboard and at the base of the windscreen.”
All that makes perfect sense to me, blow the cold air at the feet, any warm air will rise in the car & can be expelled by opening a window for a few seconds. so why Nissans system excludes the foot vents is a mystery to me.
I've also had this respinse from Nissan Custoemr Support (UK):
"According to our systems, the automatic mode of the air conditioner adjusts the temperature to try to reach a target value chosen by the user, and to do so it manipulates and combines various functions, including airflow distribution.
To adjust the temperature to the desired value the airflow temperature needs to be higher or colder: the more it needs to be cold, the more the central and side vents will work, with the foot outlets that could be deactivated in the conditions in which the passenger compartment needs to be cooled down strongly and quickly.
On the contrary, the more the airflow needs to be hot, the less the central and side vents will work, up to a situation in which it is mainly the foot outlets that supply the passenger compartment with air.
The combination between the employment of the front and side vents and the foot outlets then depends on internal and external temperature, sun load, and the target temperature selected by the customers."

So they bascially confirming the vents have to be open...though none of that is anywhere in the manual...if i was in USA I'd probably be able to sue for not spelling it out in the manual!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts