Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have our first little one on the way and we were about to order our Juke but after finding a buggie we like that folds down easily we realised it may be a snug fit (the buggie is one of the smallest we can find!)....Lets me honest the Jukes boot isn't it's biggest selling point but the wife doesn't want a big car and this will be our only vehicle, and we both love the Juke! We plan to buy the buggie online (7 day refund, thank you distance selling regulations!) and if it doesn't fit we'll take it back and maybe try another but it's starting to make me think the boot may be an issue even though we currently have a 12 year old Renault Clio!So I have a few questions.How much stuff have you got in your boot?Do you have a buggie you fit in, if so which one!Thanks for reading

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I have managed to get a fair bit in the boot but never a buggy. You are aware that the boot floor lifts and slides down against the upright rear seats. Also you can tack the storage tray out making a fairly useful space. Hope the buggy fits and congrats on pending arrival (both)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I love the boot shelf,we tried the boot out with luggage and got 5 of our usual travel bags under there (with all the space wasting plastic being taken out) so well aware how big it can be but ideally wanted to keep stuff under that and then the buggie on top with changing bag etc.The wife has a bad back so don't want her to keep lifting the buggie from low down and if it isn't big enough my brother well say I told you so...

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Ok, could always resort to putting one of the seats down if you have to. I know this limits the passengers in transit but maybe an answer. Fingers crossed it folds up enough to fit without the need to modify anything.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wife doesn't want to have to put a seat down as it could then slide around especially in the instance of an accident. I think we'll just have to buy it and see if it fits!

·
Registered
663 Posts
buy the buggie, take it to a Nissan dealer and ask them if you could try it in the boot. im sure they wouldnt object. then if it doesnt you have to decide what to do , car or buggy, if it does fit then thats good................alternative, buy the Juke, tow bar and trailer, problem solved

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found a buggie that looks a good fit and the wheels can pop off in seconds (and be replaced with off-road wheels too which sounds quite nice). Think we are going to buy that and then take it to our local garage to try it out.As many of you say the boot has lots of space underneath as well (which we have already tried a load of luggage in to see how big it is!) and also we read somewhere that a lady was putting the buggie behind the drivers seat and locking it in place when they move the drivers seat back. That's another option if we want to fill the boot up with luggage!Thanks for all the advice. Nice Jukers

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The place I had found to buy the car had put the price up by £800, fortunately found another place that was £100 cheaper than the original quote so that helped pay for the buggie!Filled out the forms for the sale and waiting for a phone back to take the deposit. I'll soon be a proper jukeownersgroup member!! Although not that soon as the eta is end of May :-(

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh and fortunately the Baby Jogger City Mini (what a name for what is just a pram!!!) has wheels that come off really easily. It's fortunate as we have to take one off to get it in the boot above the shelf which is where we want it. The wife tried it a number of times and it was very easy so we are ordering a nice shiney new one :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
crag wrote:eek:h and fortunately the Baby Jogger City Mini (what a name for what is just a pram!!!) has wheels that come off really easily. It's fortunate as we have to take one off to get it in the boot above the shelf which is where we want it. The wife tried it a number of times and it was very easy so we are ordering a nice shiney new one :)
Apt name for a JOG member

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yep end of
May, originally it was mid May but it was pushed back by 2 weeks when I got
back to them to pay the deposit L

I'm hoping
once the paperwork goes through that ETA will be brought forward
considerably! We are away for 2 weeks in April so happy that it won't come
whilst we are away but the start of May would be good!I'm buying from an online broker but don't see how that could add to the delay....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.