Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order for my Juke back in early Feb, with an initial delivery date of 1st March.I have ordered a 1.6 DIG-T Tekna in Nightshade.The dealer said to me that the delivery may be put back to mid-March, however I've heard down the grapevine that there are manufacturing issues with the DIG-T and I'm going to be lucky to see the car this side of May...Neither the dealer nor Nissan can shed any light, and I wondered if anyone on here had heard of similar woes?The dealer keeps telling me that at the moment they don't have a build date and until they get that they cannot say what the delivery date will be....Any ideas anyone???

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Your dealer, is correct that until they have a chassis number the build has not be allocated and therefore a delivery date isnt in the offing. You are not alone in being delayed and with out a possible explanation.However I have heard of alledged delays so I asked a friend who works in the factory if he knew of any issues or delays, he said as far as he was aware there were none. In fact he said the compound was full of Juke waiting for delivery.Sorry its not much comfort to you and if I get any further info I will share it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have finally managed to get a definitive answer from Nissan via my local dealer.The response was as follows:"The official line is as follows, because of the introduction of the Nismo Juke with uprated 1.6 Dig-T engine, it has become apparent that it was Nissans plan to remove the 190PS engine from the Tekna and the Nismo then becoming the Halo model.However due to renewed interest in the Dig-T engine following the launch of Nismo, Nissan have decided to keep the 190ps engine available in Tekna and will carry on production but on a build to order basis only."What this means is if anyone orders a Tekna DIG-T from the beginning of February 2013 and they want the newer style Connect (basically a new build) there is a MINIMUM 12 week delivery delay.I'm supposed to be collecting mine 29th May (up from 1st March) which I'm very unhappy about...I've told the dealer I want compensating due to the delays; I'm awaiting their response...

·
Registered
663 Posts
i dont blame you CDPD, that is far to long to expect a customer to wait for a car. What are Nissan trying to do? scare people away, not a very good advert for buying a new car. When i ordered my Tekna last November i was quoted almost 3 months to wait because i ordered the CVT but i was quite happy to wait as i didnt want the car until February due to certain other things that i had going on in my life at the time..Most people decide on a car and want it straight away not in 3 months time, thats madness

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
OB, 3 months is nothing Acrorat waited a year. so have waited 6 months. Nissan work on a build to order basis, yes some cars go thru with no buyer to keep the line going but ordinarily its built to order and they will run then is groups to a degree although they share the spec levels to keep the line going as in tekna then a visia etc etcthe dyas of fields full of cars waiting for buyers are goneat least the tekna is still available to order as a DIG-T which it wasnt 2 weeks ago it was being dropped.

·
Registered
419 Posts
You should try ordering a new Audi - 12 weeks would be express delivery!I do agree that when you have been quoted a delivery date and it then goes back this much it is not good but from what has been said I am hoping my Nismo is going to stay on schedule.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I agree its not too bad, but what's pee'd me off is that I paid in full at the point of order... Nissan should be keeping dealers in the loop with the build schedules, for them to say that they are dropping certain models and introducing others won't have been a 5 minute decision, and was probably discussed in the boardroom last year...I've hit the dealer for a pile of accessories that I want FOC - if they don't come up trumps I'll seriously look at a refund I think...

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
The dealers were made aware of model changes I would say approx a month ago I knew via another member who in turn got his info via a dealer about 2 weeks ago As for last minute decisions Nissan do make them as a post elsewhere wil confirm that Nissan have done an about turn on dropping the DIG-T After feed back from this forum and some dealers they have decided to keep the DIG-T in Tekna Hope the dealer plays ball with the extrasI would also be hassling Nissan GB for some goodies aswell as this delay seems to be of Nissan Europes making as opposed to the dealer.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do feel a little bit bad with the dealer; I really tore a strip off them. I know it's not their fault, but they should have known what was going on. I don't find Nissan Customer service to be very helpful to be honest, it took about 5 attempts just to get a brochure!The Sales man in the dealership has been very helpful, working in the motor trade I know its not really his fault, but at the end of the day it's me that's out of pocket so someone should sort something out by way of compensation. Besides, I don't want to alienate the dealer as they are quite local; I don't want to have to drive a further hour to the next dealer who are south side of absolutely useless anyway!!!!!Do you have any direct links to people at Nissan GB that can actually action something? I've asked for:Rear SpoilerIlluminated Side railsFootwell LightingIlluminated sill protectorsEither a couple from the list or a big discount on the lot..... Not sure what they will offer though.... (if anything at all)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
the forum has several contacts with in Nissan, not that we can say any would be willing to sanction anything I do agree that front Nissan customer service is about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Thankfully for a route I have only had to endure once, and that resulted in an indivdual being pulled over the coals.In my opinion and it is just that, I will be amased if a dealer comes up with one of those products let alone more. each one of those comes close to a dealers claimed margins so to get more would be pushing it but hey if you don't ask.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Got to say that in my experience on various forums who have had members or admins with good links to the manufacturers, I'm amazed that any of the big companies bother to still run customer service teams, for all the good they do :-/

The best results seem to come either from the dealers themselves, often putting themselves out of pocket for the sake of establishing long term relationships, or from people with links to good people in the head office.

Very best of luck with getting something, although you may end up with the tough choice of walking away or taking whatever they end up offering.

·
Registered
663 Posts
i hope you are lucky mate. i agree it should not be the dealer that is out of pocket it should be Nissan themselves, thats who i would be aiming at..just a thought , when i got my Tekna recently i had a couple of problems and the dealer put them right by involving the dealership principle. i was not happy with the leather interior as it was quite wrinkled like it had been sat on so i used to opertunity to complain to him, he took it up with Nissan himself and i am getting a new set of leather interior, maybe thats the way to go via the dealership principle? just a thought

·
Registered
165 Posts
In 2002 I ordered a Clio, as the high spec was not that common I had to wait three months before delivery.Jokingly I said to the dealer, "what if I change my mind?" as no deposit was required; I was told that someone would require my special spec car. Oddly enough I PX it for a Mazda 3 Sport and the Renault Dealership acquired the Clio to sell. Still see it on the island. Some cars are just worth waiting for. Cars like the BMW X3's. have long waiting list.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
CDPDesign wrote:Apparently Nissan customer services are going to call...Watch this space... ... ... (or should that be - .-- .- - ... )I emailed Nissan this morning and asked them to take a look at this topic, as yet they havent come back to me. I asked if they could fully explain the delay. I am just reading about someone on FB that has just cancelled his Nismo that he was supposed to be collecting tomorrow cant fathom out why looks like something to do with towing.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, NCS have been on the phone a few times. To be honest, I find their approach rather abrupt and quite unfriendly. Due to work commitments, I told them to leave a message then when I get a break I'll call back. Some days I get 3 or 4 calls before I have chance to call back. The upside is the delivery date has been brought forwards to 26th (3 days earlier!!!!!) but I'm still thrashing out how I'm to be compensated for the hassle. I've told the dealer that I'm in the market for a new / nearly new Navara too (which TBH I am as the current old girl is at 118k miles) but if they don't come up with something to appease me I certainly won't be investing best part of £30k into another Nissan... Hopefully that will filter back to the NCS and get the padlock off the 'GoodWill' Drawer!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I decided I was having a Juke come hell or high water over a weekend.
I visited the local dealer intending to get a new car, as I have for a long time now.
whilst checking out the various models and extras available, I was shown a low mileage car, less than a year old (belonged to a bank it turned out).
Got the the premium pack Ascenta for a great price, ready run in and depreciated, and picked it up two days later (which is what it took to insure, tax and service it)..
Not sure if I could have waited more than a few weeks at that point - you guys must feel like expectant fathers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts