Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the juke handbreak good?? , one of the chaps on my qq forum posted this , either way one very lucky owner as had it been on a slight slope who knows where it could have ended up :a Nissan Juke decided to roll itself from it's space into the middle of our works car park! The lady looked very embarrassed when called over the tannoy but luckily it didnt hit anything Is the handbrake rubbish?Was she too weak to apply the handbrake? (is it hard bto apply on the juke?)or had she just forgot to apply it ?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Mine hasn't rolled ever and is parked on a steep drive, however i have read elsewhere of one owner who's did. It also has to be said that it has rear discs and as we all know these contract when they cool down so if handbrake isn't fully applied it will slacken the brakes as it cools resulting in movement if parked on an incline. As I say not had any issue with mine though 2 previous cars we had have ended up further down the drive in the past

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
ctrdetailing wrote:
Is the handbrake rubbish? Mine isn't.
Was she too weak to apply the handbrake? Why not ask her?
Is it hard to apply on the juke? Mine isn't.
Or had she just forgotten to apply it ? Why not ask her?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Does the Jukebox not have a small drum on the rears for the handbrake?

I felt the Juke's was OK but perhaps needs a bit less travel on the lever.

The 350Z is notorious for a poor handbrake, thankfully the '70 is better.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Forgot to say, I always park in gear as a precaution anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
acrorat wrote: ctrdetailing wrote: Is the handbrake rubbish? Mine isn't.Was she too weak to apply the handbrake? Why not ask her?Is it hard to apply on the juke? Mine isn't.Or had she just forgotten to apply it ? Why not ask her?
as i stated this was spotted by a friend at his work place so i cant ask her hence why i asked here so you's could advise on a possible issue and he obviously didnt want to add to the poor womans embarrassment by asking her questions about it which is fair enough

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Paul_S wrote:Does the Jukebox not have a small drum on the rears for the handbrake?.Well mine definitely has discs on the rear, with out taking the wheel off to look I cant say if it has a hidden drum for handbrake,it is possible though I havent seen that used for a long time.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
On the Skoda Forum (21 September 2011) some chap said about his Juke "the hand brake failed on many an occasion so I always had to leave it in gear."

There is also a thread about poor handbrake settings in the other place, which confirms several 'early' Jukes being a bit iffy and quite a few needing adjustment.

If asking relevant questions helps to sort out a potentially dangerous situation, I would have no problems with answering, so maybe your friend might want to discuss that issue with the victim.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
There are other precautions you can take too. Such as turning your front wheels so if the car were to roll it would jam itself against the kerb (if possible), etc.

Or, never stop driving it! ;-)Paul_S2012-01-31 17:43:25

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for your positive responces and i have forwarded them on to him , after just speaking to him it appears his wife is ordering one and thats why he queried it on the qq site but i have put his mind at ease after seeing that you's are not having any issues , could simply be a case as deks said that she didnt put it on hard enough and as they cooled it rolled a bit

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
ctrdetailing wrote:thanks for your positive responces and i have forwarded them on to him , after just speaking to him it appears his wife is ordering one and thats why he queried it on the qq site but i have put his mind at ease after seeing that you's are not having any issues , could simply be a case as deks said that she didnt put it on hard enough and as they cooled it rolled a bit Hold up a minute possible Juke Owner and you didnt send them this way1000 lines please. I must always act in accordance with the forums best interest

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Mine slid, but it was on ice on a hill and only bricks would would have stopped it, hence I moved it........

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Kats wrote:Mine slid, but it was on ice on a hill and only bricks would would have stopped it, hence I moved it........I reckon John was quite please you moved it aswell

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
It looks like it does have rear drums for the hand brake:That was a lucky guess on my part as I've never looked. I Just knew my current and last Nissan has the same setup.I think that's reassuring when it comes to the problem Deks indicated which can happen on other cars.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Kats wrote:Mine slid, but it was on ice on a hill and only bricks would would have stopped it, hence I moved it........
Very sensible. Did you wear heels so you could break through the ice and get some grip yourself?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Paul_S wrote:
Kats wrote:Mine slid, but it was on ice on a hill and only bricks would would have stopped it, hence I moved it........
Very sensible. Did you wear heels so you could break through the ice and get some grip yourself? She's always in heels, got fed up with talking to peoples waist

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Deks wrote:
Paul_S wrote:
Very sensible. Did you wear heels so you could break through the ice and get some grip yourself? She's always in heels, got fed up with talking to peoples waistBrave talk Steve!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts