Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learnt today that the Juke is subject to another recall. I have contacted Nissan on this but as of yet no response. From what I can read this is about the turbo unit so likely to only be the DIG models but could possibly affect the Diesel. I understand that those affected are receiving recall letters. Here is a copy of the wording from Vosa and a link to the Vosa site Vehicle Details

Reference :
R/2011/166

Manufacturer Ref :
R1114

Make:
NISSAN

Model :
Juke

Launch Date :
23/01/2012

Numbers Involved :

Build Start Date :
08/03/2010

Build End Date :
14/11/2011

Recall Details

Concern :
ENGINE MAY STALL

Description :
The Turbocharger boost sensor
bracket may separate from the air inlet tube. The boost pressure may be
measured incorrectly and the engine warning lamp may be illuminated.
In an extreme cases, during low-speed driving the engine may stall and
cannot be restarted

Remedial Action :
Inspect and if necessary replace the air inlet tube with a new one
http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/search.asp

G

·
There has been a recall letter received by a Dig-t owner in Scotland today with regards the turbo issue.. Nothing else mentioned. Will try to find out more. Lj2.
LazyJuke2012-01-24 18:58:41

G

·
Another one stating:Had a letter form Nissan to recall my juke 1.6 dig-t possibility that the turbocharger boost sensor bracket may separate from air inlet tube. Lj2.

·
Registered
493 Posts
we got the recall letter this morning,pretty much as deks post stated,will get back to you after speaking to the dealer

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Fair play to Nissan. They've picked up on a fault and are doing the honourable thing

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive had a letter today for a recall. Its a pain in the butt as my garage isnt exactly on my doorstep & at the moment I havent been able to drive it for a few Months, so its another job for hubby. Im glad theyve found it & are fixing it if it needs fixing, dont get me wrong. Its just annoying & costs us in fuel.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You don't have to go back to supplying dealer, you can take it to another if one is more local

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yep, any Nissan dealer will do. You could even take it into one when you visit friends for the weekend

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, New Guy reporting for duty, Wife's Juke which has just had a letter from Nissan saying turbo pipe require checking etc, however after leaving it with them for a day, they say they have to order the part, odd when we booked it a week before for them to do the repair that they said it required.Next Thing I am told is they require it back for a full day, even though the letter said it takes less than one hour, I started to ask questions and they said the bumpers required re-painting due to rubbing on wings (we are not happy about this) but I think they may not be telling me all that has to be done, I heard a person mention brake problems, then tonight I saw a post about lock problems.Is this the start of problems caused by poor work in the UK ?This is a good car which we have made better by fitting Ebac Spings, and up-rated brake pads and brighter head light bulbs, and with snow tyres fitted it almost perfect.

·
Registered
790 Posts
im pretty sure its just the bumper issue and the turbo pipe replacement , the bumper issue is a pretty straight forward fix , they insert a rubber bracket to stop the bumper rubbing against the wing and causing the paint to flake , quite a few members have already had the bumper fix done inc deks welcome to the club by the way

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LedZep wrote: Hi All, New Guy reporting for duty, Wife's Juke which has just had a letter from Nissan saying turbo pipe require checking etc, however after leaving it with them for a day, they say they have to order the part, odd when we booked it a week before for them to do the repair that they said it required.Next Thing I am told is they require it back for a full day, even though the letter said it takes less than one hour, I started to ask questions and they said the bumpers required re-painting due to rubbing on wings (we are not happy about this) but I think they may not be telling me all that has to be done, I heard a person mention brake problems, then tonight I saw a post about lock problems.Is this the start of problems caused by poor work in the UK ?This is a good car which we have made better by fitting Ebac Spings, and up-rated brake pads and brighter head light bulbs, and with snow tyres fitted it almost perfect.

Hi Led zep, first welcome to the club. re turbo pipe, only certain DIG are affected hence dealers need the car in first to check if it an affected model only then can they order the part required from Nissan to do the remedial workas for bumper this is a very well documented issue which a number of us on this froum brought to the attention of Nissan a while ago the fix is now authorised which requires a widget fitting and then the remedial work to the bumper, I will say mine was done perfectly by the dealer as were a number of others, I have however heard from other sources some remedial works were not to decent level and are causing owners issues however you do need to give the dealer the chance to fix the problem just check the workmanship after wards. If you dont have any flaking paint then its likely they just want to fit the widgets to save later issues.Brake issue was very early cars that a few had contaminated brake fluid (all rectified months ago)lock problem is on Japanes built cars and as far as I am aware isnt affecting UK cars just US one. Rest asssured these issues are not as a result of poor build quality at Sunderland merely desing faults and manufacturing errors as can be found in many cars on rare occasions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts