Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Don't know if there are any more Juke owners who have had an LPG conversion, but mine was completed about a month ago on a standard 1.6 with a BRC kit with valve saver.. Had a 70litre tank fitted in the spare wheel well and because the juke apparently has two injectors per cylinder it had to have a special emulator valve fitted to con the ECU.
Mpg is down from avg 38 to 34 and no noticeable loss of performance, in fact I thought it was quicker but probably just me wishful thinking! The valve saver dosing is set up for 150 bhp engine, just to give it that little bit more protection, hopefully!!
So far so good, it will go in for its 1000 mile lpg service when I return from holiday.. They told me it will have probably gone way out of tune, so here's hoping with a few tweaks it will be even better..

Will keep you updated

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Interesting stuff. How much was the conversion (if you don't mind me asking)? I would guess not a lot more than use cost of a diesel over a petrol. LPG is a damm site cheaper than diesel too..

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cost was £1500+ vat. Forgot to add that this is a company vehicle and we have our own LPG tanks so cost is even cheaper than you see on the forecourts. I do 20k plus/year and it certainly stacks up over possible 2 or 3 years I will have the car.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That's 238 gallons of fuel or 7800 miles in my Juke, so would not be cost effective unless I keep my car for 3 years + which knowing me I won't

1 - 5 of 5 Posts