Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys/gals. I found these mirror covers on ebay and asked the supplier if they would do a group buy deal for direct trade to which they have agreed and they have also now sent me a pair for evaluation so if anyone is interested let us know

Deks2012-10-09 13:11:56

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ctrdetailing wrote:do they do them for the qq steve ??Funny you should ask YES they do appear to Might be worth contacting them Craig I'll send you their emails

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will move this in due course to public area but for now I will leave it in the member section the company has contacted me these are normally $100 US plus shipping they have agreeda group buy price min 6 for $85 US inc shipping they have to be purchased as a group buy via paypal the only additional cost will be onward shipping to buyer They are supposed to be sending a test set so we will see how it goes

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I am interested to see these painted and on the car. I'm not sure I like the look of them at the moment but need to see them in place to decide.I guess it will be quite a hassle getting the cabling done unless there is a decent amount of room in the existing flexi tube to the doors.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just heard back from the manufacturers. Seems to have been a communication problemthey are going to put a sample in the post. I will update when it arrivesI also have a feeling this will be a single item as opposed to a pair Will be looking for someone to evaluate the item prior to sorting out a group buy

·
Registered
665 Posts
Ok Guys I have a delivery today 1pair of Juke mirror covers ready for paint and install. these come with no instructions on how to wire but have read some where on the net how to. So now I am looking for a member who will take these covers and install them with a guide and evaluate them with a view to doing a group buy at a discounted rate over there normal charges. thanks Admin

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ctrdetailing wrote:dont know if its gospel but a qq member mentioned if you have indicator lights on your wing then having these fitted is illegal , as i say i dont know for definate but might be worth checking Anything is possible but i cant see it myself.Could also be said that fitting stickers over brake lights is illegal but we still do it

·
Registered
790 Posts
cant find anything definative on the net other than a few people who have added these to various vehicles remove the wiring from the side repeater and extend it to the ones on the wing mirrors , so maybe its law to only have 1 side repeater ? , cant see any police stopping you over this and they can be disconnected for mot if that was an issue , id still fit them , they look great
ctrdetailing2012-10-09 19:32:43

·
Registered
838 Posts
Last Mins recommends wiring to the BCM as this was how someone who had installed them had done it. I'm no expert but would have thought wiring to the existing wing repeaters would be easier. I assume the longer lens is the indicator, is the other lens side light ? Or are they both orange led? There are some photos on www.jeepandcar.com and they seem to show a white glow in both lens and orange in another picture? No one seems to have posted anywhere on the net about an install.......so good luck to whoever gets the gig

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still looking for someone to take these on and report back. I have put a post up on other forum to see if we can get enough interest for a bulk buy Deks2012-10-14 15:20:52

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Right had no takers for these and I posted on the other forum aswell offering them to someonecan't believe no one was interested in £80 pair of caps for freeSo they are going to be painted next week while my car is being repaired (roof damage) (thanks Nissan)and I will fit them on my car just as soon as I can get someone to wire them up.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well done Deks, can't believe there have been no takers, which doesn't bode well for any kind of group buy !!!...would really like to have taken this on myself as maybe it's all my fault ........but will probably be overseas for the whole of November , so everything is against me at the moment.
. Good luck, as I know there not too your taste but look forward to your feedback.
Cheers

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Paul_S wrote:Do they give instructions?!This is what they emailed me

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Tap the l+

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Tap the l+ wire (Red) to LH signal pin 60
(Brown) of the 15-pin connector type FEA09FB-FHA6-SA M67 of the BCM. The BCM is
located behind the glove box (refer to the service manual).
Tap r+ wire (Red) to RH signal pin 61 (Grey).
Tap l- wire (Black) and r- wire (Black) together to GND
Deks2012-10-20 06:12:51

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Well, it's a start! Does anyone have a UK service manual? The US ones often have very different wiring so I wouldn't go 100% on the pin numbers they give you.I would be tempted to get the turn signal direct from the indicators (which are close the door hinge anyway) although I suppose that does mean taking the wheel arch liner out.How do they propose getting the wires into the door itself? Is there room in the ducting now or maybe some unused wires that could be utilised?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.