Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
redmeat wrote:Don't know whether to be happy or sad that we haven't had any worth talking about and it'll be interesting to see how my 1.6 CVT handles the stuff when it lands. do you have the 4x4?I have the 4x4 and its really quite good, but I do have to say that Im running on Falcon super grip winter tires.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CoupeCruiser wrote:
redmeat wrote:Don't know whether to be happy or sad that we haven't had any worth talking about and it'll be interesting to see how my 1.6 CVT handles the stuff when it lands. do you have the 4x4?I have the 4x4 and its really quite good, but I do have to say that Im running on Falcon super grip winter tires.
No sorry Matey.Couldn't run to the DiGT 4x4.I'm due to pick up my 1.6 (115 PS) CVT in about 3 weeks.I'd have preferred the diesel however needed the autobox (which they don't offer with the diesel) as I have a back problem. Not expecting fireworks performance wise, however it'll serve my purpose for the next couple of years.Looking forward to collection date.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
redmeat wrote:
CoupeCruiser wrote:
No sorry Matey.Couldn't run to the DiGT 4x4.I'm due to pick up my 1.6 (115 PS) CVT in about 3 weeks.I'd have preferred the diesel however needed the autobox (which they don't offer with the diesel) as I have a back problem. Not expecting fireworks performance wise, however it'll serve my purpose for the next couple of years.Looking forward to collection date. The wait will be worth it. I waited 9 months for mine and I love it, especially in the show. Its awsome, but you still have to be careful.Actually, yesterday we had a lot of snow and I was following a red Diesel Juke and he was doing better than the rest of the cars. I overtook him and he matched my speed on the level in powder snow at 80kmh.Not sure how it would handle in bends or on hills though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
CoupeCruiser wrote:
redmeat wrote:
CoupeCruiser wrote:
No sorry Matey.Couldn't run to the DiGT 4x4.I'm due to pick up my 1.6 (115 PS) CVT in about 3 weeks.I'd have preferred the diesel however needed the autobox (which they don't offer with the diesel) as I have a back problem. Not expecting fireworks performance wise, however it'll serve my purpose for the next couple of years.Looking forward to collection date. The wait will be worth it. I waited 9 months for mine and I love it, especially in the show. Its awsome, but you still have to be careful.Actually, yesterday we had a lot of snow and I was following a red Diesel Juke and he was doing better than the rest of the cars. I overtook him and he matched my speed on the level in powder snow at 80kmh.Not sure how it would handle in bends or on hills though.
In a previous thread I mentioned that I had a new shape Scirocco 2.0TDi DSG until last March, and that car was bloody brilliant in the snow. Although it was low to the ground, and would have been knackered in deep stuff, it was superb on compacted snow and ice. Cracking car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
redmeat wrote:
CoupeCruiser wrote:
redmeat wrote:
CoupeCruiser wrote:
redmeat wrote:Don't know whether to be happy or sad that we haven't had any worth talking about and it'll be interesting to see how my 1.6 CVT handles the stuff when it lands.
do you have the 4x4?

I have the 4x4 and its really quite good, but I do have to say that Im running on Falcon super grip winter tires.

No sorry Matey.Couldn't run to the DiGT 4x4.I'm due to pick up my 1.6 (115 PS) CVT in about 3 weeks.I'd have preferred the diesel however needed the autobox (which they don't offer with the diesel) as I have a back problem. Not expecting fireworks performance wise, however it'll serve my purpose for the next couple of years.Looking forward to collection date.

The wait will be worth it. I waited 9 months for mine and I love it, especially in the show. Its awsome, but you still have to be careful.

Actually, yesterday we had a lot of snow and I was following a red Diesel Juke and he was doing better than the rest of the cars. I overtook him and he matched my speed on the level in powder snow at 80kmh.

Not sure how it would handle in bends or on hills though.

In a previous thread I mentioned that I had a new shape Scirocco 2.0TDi DSG until last March, and that car was bloody brilliant in the snow. Although it was low to the ground, and would have been knackered in deep stuff, it was superb on compacted snow and ice. Cracking car.

My neighbour has the same VW and he does not have a problem in the snow, and as you have seen from my pics, we get a lot of snow here. What powere output did your car have?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine was just the standard 140ps model.Fancied the 170 but a grand more for a remap? Nah.Prior to selling it, I had been looking to put a Bluefin remap on it which would have also given around 170ps but for half that amount.Either way, cracking car in the main.Downside - frameless windows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ah but the torque on the TDi Roc made driving effortless.Years ago I had a Honda CRX 1.6 16v (130PS) - brilliant fun when you were in the mood - revved to about 7500rpm and weighed about as much as a crisp packet, however absolutely no low down grunt. Bloody tedious when you just wanted to pootle along quietly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.