Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do folks think of the new TV advert for the Juke n-tec model?
think it is both really cool and technically very clever as well, with even more energy than the previous Juke ads.Even though the music is not to my taste, I think it fits, and I love the ad. Nice one Nissan!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Nice to see a Juke getting sideways But yes, I do like that Excuse my ignorance - at about 9 seconds in, whats the pod like thing above the Connect2 unit, up on the dash?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TTDegs wrote:Excuse my ignorance - at about 9 seconds in, whats the pod like thing above the Connect2 unit, up on the dash?
Had me stumped at first but isn't that where the hazard lights switch normally is?Just looks a bit blurry and odd from that angle I guess , or is it something else on this model?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
No such thing as too much drama YJ

Not in advertising anyways

Nice touch of Italian Job with a Juke twist

Wonder how many jukes they got through making it? TTDegs2013-04-17 15:01:21

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Chuffingheck wrote: Is the sat nav in that car with the Google thingy the same as the one I am about to get in my Tekna (14 days and counting)?

It is indeed - although I'm not sure that you really get the stretchy blue elastic band thing in real life

But yes.
Strange though it may seem, nissan are promoting the NTec by focussing on something that is also in 3 other models in the juke lineup (Tekna, Acenta Premium and Nismo)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Oddly Apart from the black finishes I am trying to work out what the N-tec has that other models dontI think n-tec possibly wasnt the right badge as it doesnt have any tec in it that isnt already available elswhere in the line up

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Deks wrote:Oddly Apart from the black finishes I am trying to work out what the N-tec has that other models dontI think n-tec possibly wasnt the right badge as it doesnt have any tec in it that isnt already available elswhere in the line up
soooo true The spec seems near identical to the Acenta Premium.Salesblokey was explaining to me that instead of now having a single 'progression' (and I obviously use that word very lightly) from Visia through Acenta, Acenta Sport, Acenta Prem, Tekna, they now see it as a Y shape, with the NTec being of the same spec level as Tekna.(he wasn't clear on where the Nismo came in - possibly need an inverted CND logo )to muddy the waters a bit, the NTec is about £100 less than the Tekna (or may be the other way round), but one gets a £1000 finance contribution, and the other 'only' £500.Making the actual cost difference of £600.But that was with or without the premium trim in the Tekna. indeed We ought to try and get one of each and every trim level lined up at some point, and play spot the difference

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bernie wrote:Nice advert.Did you all notice what colour the Juke was.
I was waiting for the red brigade to chime in! I do like the wheels. 18inch wheels do fill out the arches a bit.The package seems just another variant aimed at the Jukes supposed target market - young and trendy. Now for my predictable comment - why isn't there a Nismo TV ad?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Well I'm 20 and it's got my attention :) I love it although most of my friends disagree haha, but each to there own, I think the ntec is more "trendy" with the larger wheels and splash of gloss black here and there, and I really think it's a model which they are trying to aim at younger buyers with the genre and style of the tv ad, it's seems to me there marketing the ntec as the "smart phone" of the juke range :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Deks wrote:You mean Nissans perceived target market, they still havent got to grips with the actual age variety the Juke attracts one day maybe they will listenWhat do you reckon Nissan could do differently if they realise that the Juke seems to be attracting a much wider demographic than they originally intended?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
SilverNismo wrote: Deks wrote:You mean Nissans perceived target market, they still havent got to grips with the actual age variety the Juke attracts one day maybe they will listenWhat do you reckon Nissan could do differently if they realise that the Juke seems to be attracting a much wider demographic than they originally intended?

Where to start!?

There is a big long thread on the various bits that nissan have missed a trick on, but even if they started with a set of interior console colours to match all the available exterior colours, that would be good.
Offer a set of plain colour seats so that red stitching doesn't clash with (say) blue console.

Raid the existing spare parts bin, to allow people to choose (say) force red wing mirrors with a silver exterior - essentially the dare to be different range, but expanded to include all the 'normal' colours. At no extra cost. After all, they make red mirrors anyway, which cost the same as black mirrors, so let us simply add them!

Then raid the wider parts bin. Any wheels that fit.

Possibly - and this could be a bit controversial - merge the acenta premium, Tekna, and NTec into a single model, equivalent to the current acenta premium.
But then let people add whatever options they want, from all the bits that are in the Tekna and NTec combined.
And throw the qq 360 system onto the option list too.

All of that without nissan having to develop anything new

Although if they are in that mood, hid headlights please

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.