Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
This makes interesting reading NISSAN CONFIRMS JUKE-R PERFORMANCE STATISTICS TOP SPEED OF 160MPH (257KPH) AND 0-62MPH IN 3.7 SECONDS FOR WORLD'S FASTEST CROSSOVERNissan Juke-R project reaches completion with release of performance statisticsJuke and GT-R have combined to create compact crossover capable of 160mph (257kph)0-62mph (100kph) in 3.7 seconds achieved in UK testing22 week project extensively documented and shared via Facebook and You Tubehttp://www.youtube.com/user/NissanJukehttp://www.facebook.com/NissanJukeOfficialNissan has confirmed the performance statistics for Juke-R - the supercar crossover concept that combines the power and handling of the legendary GT-R with the bold design of Juke. Created in the UK, Juke-R has been developed by Nissan and built by leading motorsports outfit RML with advice from Nissan Technical Centre Europe (NTC-E). Over a 22-week period two models have been created - one right-hand drive and one left-hand drive - with extensive performance testing now completing the final stage of the development project. Juke-R's 485bhp 3.8-litre V6 twin turbo engine propels the car from a standing start to 62mph (100kph) in just 3.7 seconds, before continuing on to a top speed of 160mph (257kph). Testing has proved that Juke-R enjoys supercar handling from a compact crossover, thanks to use of the Nissan GT-R's suspension and drivetrain as well as an FIA-specification roll cage and unique split rear wing. In a straight line, the GT-R's more aerodynamic shape ensures that its top speed is higher despite the same power plant being used in each. GT-R also remains lighter than Juke-R due to the roll cage and extra chassis reinforcement that has been required to place the supercar's components into a Juke body. Juke-R's physical dimensions obviously resemble Juke more than GT-R. The car is the same length (4135mm), height (1575mm) and has the same wheelbase (2530mm) as Juke, while the width has increased from 1765mm to 1910mm, with flared wheel arches surrounding 20-inch RAYS forged alloy wheels. Inside, the driver and passenger sit in OMP race seats, but with all the controls and instruments from GT-R at their fingertips. The 7-inch touch-screen display is in the centre of the dashboard, providing access to the wealth of information about the car to which any GT-R owner has become accustomed. During the 22 week project, Nissan 'opened the doors' on the creation of Juke-R, documenting the development story from day 1 and releasing a series of 10 videos on You Tube and via the Nissan Juke Facebook page - a series which has achieved over 2.2 million views in just 10 weeks. Today marks the release of the wrap-up video bringing together the full development story, showing the car in all its dynamic glory. The next installments are scheduled for January when the Nissan Juke-R hits the road. To watch the latest Juke-R video and to follow the rest of the car's story, visit the official Facebook page at:http://www.facebook.com/NissanJukeOfficial
http://www.youtube.com/user/NissanJuke Comparison figures - Juke 4WD M-CVT and Juke-R UnitJUKE 4WD M-CVTJUKE-RKerb weight min.kg14251806Overall lengthmm41354135Overall widthmm17651910Overall heightmm15751575Wheelbasemm25302530Track width (front)mm15251586Track width (rear)mm15051598Minimum ground clearancemm170115Max. speedkm/h200257Acceleration 0 - 100 kphsec8.4s3.7sMax. engine powerbhp190485Max. torqueNm240588
Paul_S2012-01-14 16:24:52

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've had a go in a couple of GT-R's and thought I did OK. But I've also been driven around Silverstone in one by a pro driver and then realised I'm on a totally different planet. And my one is for people who think they can drive.The GT-R at that speed is really planted to the road. The 370Z (without suspension tweaks) feels a bit 'floaty' over 145. I think the Juke-R would be somewhere in between.I'd love to find out!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Paul_S wrote:I've had a go in a couple of GT-R's and thought I did OK. But I've also been driven around Silverstone in one by a pro driver and then realised I'm on a totally different planet. And my one is for people who think they can drive.The GT-R at that speed is really planted to the road. The 370Z (without suspension tweaks) feels a bit 'floaty' over 145. I think the Juke-R would be somewhere in between.I'd love to find out! should have gone for the rx8,a proper car,at a proper price

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I was really close to buying an RX8 but that was at the time when then had the issue starting when warm. In the end I got a second hand 350Z instead.To be honest, I've know 2 people who have had them since and it just didn't add. They were getting worse MPG than other friends whose cars had a couple of hundred horsepower more. I love the look and the fact it has 4 seats and can keep the style but the Wankel engine doesn't work in the real world IMHO.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
That's good the hear, they are well built but I would baulk at buying one from someone I didn't know. The fact you have to keep the oil topped up and run it to max revs regularly to keep the tips lubed makes me think there are troubles ahead for cars that haven't been looked after.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yep, I'm sure it was over stated. It's the nature of the engine.The thing in the back of my mind is the number of people who never check under the bonnet between services...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.