Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check back later today there will be loads of pictures. Of the R, I and two others are waiting to get up close with it shortly. And I know of one other who will be seeing it later this afternoonFirstly a very big THANK YOU to Paul_S without whom its unlikely I would have known about today it was his efforts in getting a viewing that made today possiblecheers Paul there is one in the wood for you.Athank you of course to Nissan for putting this day on to David Hanna and Matt Baker for showing us around the car and explaining about the Juke Product.and to all at Nissan HQ that made us so welcome and have been there to answers my constant questions in the last year or so Deks2012-02-03 16:25:53

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well an eventful and knowledgable day learn't lots more about the JUke in general and not just the R.Firstly apologies fro not advertising this but I was asked by Nissan if I and 2 others would like to visit Nissan HQ today to see the Juke R but couldnt not advertise the fact as to date no press journalist has got near to it that starts next week and also Nissan didn't want the premises overrun with members of the public hence 3 people from various car groups were invited The car is going toi be going to dealers through out the year and I am pretty certain it will be a Goodwood festival of speed though no one at Nissan will confirm this.As for the R turns out the matte finish was Nissan Europes doing GB didnt want matte but as the original idea came from Europe matte Black it is. They also told us that all the external panels a composite construction though I was nt convinced on that certainly felt steel to me but they know best bodykit looks so much better in the flesh than it does in pictures. Such an amasing tool and in reality from Nissans point of view a bargain, although they won't say how much it costs £ for £ the car is far more commercial than an ad on prime time telly one ad comes to about the same prcie as the car and its marketing potentil is huge today is the only vacant day it has in the next 6 months even tonight its off for press use. much of the data is widely known Juke collides with GTR resulting in the worlds fastest crossover0-60 3.7 seconds and finally my companion for lunch

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here are ctr's pics from his post on another forumhi folksi
was lucky enough to be invited to a secret viewing of the juke-r today ,
it had to be cloak and dagger as nissan didnt want press getting hold
of or members of the public piling down to get a sneaky view but heres
how the day went:just
got back from my visit to see the juke-r in the flesh , i was lucky
enough to be invited along with 2 other guys to be the first members of
the public to get a hands on viewing of the famous juke-r this is a concept car
that sadly will never see production , it was a marketing tool that
matt at nissan explained was cheaper than a 30 second commercial so they
thought why not , and im glad they did , the 2 juke-r's that are in
existance are 1 left hand and 1 right together they are estimated at
around 1/2 million to produce although an exact price has never been
disclosed the
idea was could they take the supercar nissan gtr and stick it inside a
juke , sounds crazy but when you see what they ended up with it was
worth the effort , this juke does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds beating the porshe
911 amongst other supercarsits
vinyl wrapped in matt black going against the general opinion that it
should have been black paint and nice and shiny but personally i think
the matt black works really well on this car , the dash and seats are
further back than a standard juke to allow the huge gtr engine to fit
over the front wheels
, they went the extra mile in trying to keep as much of the standard
juke fittings as possible and incorporating some gtr fitting like clocks
ect the
2 jukes have just arrived back from dubai where 1 was raced against 3
supercars around a short marina track , the juke won by half a lap
against a lambo ferrari and a merc due to its road holding ability's coupled with the speed of a gtr david
and matt were there to answer questions and gives us all the details of
the car from an idea to its creation and were great fella's so a big
thanks to them for sharing there time to do thiswell enough rabbit here she is :

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tk juke wrote:

GREAT to see it, bet was a great day, just one question in the photos the wine rack looks like its filled in with wire mesh ? It is, we did ask if this in validated their warranty apparently the bonnet vents make up for it

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'm just back from a later viewing and am going through my pics now (although the pics here cover everything!)It's an amazing bit of kit huh folks?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Oh, just in case you missed any of the videos about this project, here they all are:Nissan JUKE-R Video 1 - The Story BeginsNissan JUKE-R Video 2 - Technology Transfer from GT-R to Juke-RNissan JUKE-R Video 3 - The Build BeginsNissan JUKE-R Video 4 - The EngineNissan JUKE-R Video 5 - Gearbox and DrivetrainNissan JUKE-R Video 6 - Seat Fitting and ErgonomicsNissan JUKE-R Video 7 - Body StylingNissan JUKE-R Video 8 - HandlingNissan JUKE-R Video 9 - Finishing TouchesNissan JUKE-R Video 10 - Shakedown and TestingNissan JUKE-R Video 11 - Creating the world's fastest Crossover

1 - 20 of 31 Posts