Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a nightmare today, was out and about and got back to car, got in, but it would not start.

Had a panic moment, turned off and on a few times and eventually it started, the key icon on the dash was flashing so thinking new battery needed, car is just 12 months old.

Is this normal so quickly for a battery to go?

Kats

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
the problem with toys needing batteries over use wears them outbest stick to the acenta premium for a few weeks and give the tekna a rest. suggest you carry both keys for a while or at least the other key they should wear that soon it sound more like a glitch unless it does it tomorrow then its a fault

·
Registered
147 Posts
I still have the original battery in mine and had no issues. But the battery in yours could of been a friday afternoon production. So best to get it replaced to be safe, sods laws you will be the middle of no where when it fails again.
Rocks7032013-03-02 18:56:15

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
It could well be the steering lock fault. I would check your manual to see if it showed the lock fault and get it into your dealers asap if it is because it might fail and leave you stranded.

If if does need looking at make sure they replace the lock because clearing the fault code and giving the car back will not cure it. In fact call Nissan customer services because they are aware of this issue on the 370Z and GT-R.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Let me know if you have any problems. I'll dig out some emails between me and Nissan.

Don't let them fob you off. Get a replacement. But expect a wait for the new one unless they've fast tracked the spares by now.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mines does that sum times the key flashing in green always starts though,
Think the key needs to be near the ign push start.

As soon as I get in be motor I place the keys in the centre console the rear one before I start

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I don't know about the Juke but on the Zed the iKey receiver is in the centre console between the front seats.

Trust me, the steering locks have a long history. Just google a Nissan steering lock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts