Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had fitted some CREE LED side lights but was slightly disappointed witht he result - they are very directional and do not light up the side light glass. If you are directly in front, blinding,otherwise they are not very good.Following on from another post, I bought the LED's below from eBay and they are currently on sale for £4.79 post paid - link below.Item Number : 360152860660http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360152860660This is what they look like :When fitting, bend the little wires out to about 45 degrees before pushing into the bulb holder, this will help them to be a tighter fit - they are longer than the original bulbs and heavier.After fitting, the reflector at the back of the light unit looks like it is made up of loads of small bulbs - it is a multi-facited surface and the five LEDs make it all reflect and light up. I tried taking a photo but the light overwhelms the camera. I am much happier with the finish than the single CREE LED bulbs.Jeff

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice white light, my LEDs have a bluish tint that matches the Drls and led mirror covers and now the 21w Cree fogs.
Spent a fortune trying to get a road legal H4, that wasn't yellow and have settled for the moment on some 7500K from car mod shop..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am currently for some good and bright LED Fogs for my new Juke - I hear the name Cree a lot, are they good? I believe for the Fogs I need a H8 LED Bulb? If anyone can point me in the right direction for some good bright and reliable bulbs it would be much appreciated!

Thank you

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I am wondering ablout re-purposing my fog lights into DRL's?
Suddenly struck me that it would be a very simple re-wire and with the lighting I've got installed, I don't need fogs, that's for sure....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
CH, it looks like you can

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=400990

JB, I think (stress think) that Cree may be a bit generic term, but I can recommend the ones in the eBay link above in this thread

The number of LEDs 'in' the bulb is up to you, I found some with 21! - but I've got old ones with just 1, in my spares box
Personal choice really TTDegs2013-06-11 20:09:15

·
Registered
838 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: I am wondering ablout re-purposing my fog lights into DRL's?
Suddenly struck me that it would be a very simple re-wire and with the lighting I've got installed, I don't need fogs, that's for sure....

Yup, this is my next mod, seen a few Minis with these retrofitted, so there is someone out there doing them as a whole unit. Don't like the option of 80mm led ring stuck to the existing fog, because of waterproofing. Car mod shop have some 70mm's but I'm going to find some 80mm exact and a bit of bracketry should sort it.
Got to try and get this done before Wicksteed

·
Registered
838 Posts
Here you go. http://catecglobal.en.alibaba.com/product/933382017-218805541/LED_DRL_Fog_Light_for_Nissan_Series.html
Guess where I'm going on business July 3rd They say MOQ 50 sets, but might get my contact in China to get in touch with them when they return from Dragon Boat Festival-holiday on Thursday. If they will send a sample set to him, I can bring them home and do a write up ..
I have just contacted this supplier through my Alibaba account, asking for a sample set which I will pay for. I have asked if they can send to the factory in Jiaxing and i will bring home with me and fit. Jukeov2013-06-11 21:09:33

·
Registered
838 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: Same here I think

Looks a perfect solution.

We could probably get 50 sets for the forum
[/QUOTE

I'll travel light and get 50 sets in my suitcase. Seriously though, I'll see what she says, I might just take a punt and get 50 sets and sell them on.......at cost, to the right people of course

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Jukeov wrote: CR4ZYHORSE wrote: Same here I think

Looks a perfect solution.

We could probably get 50 sets for the forum
[/QUOTE

I'll travel light and get 50 sets in my suitcase. Seriously though, I'll see what she says, I might just take a punt and get 50 sets and sell them on.......at cost, to the right people of course

Might be some closer to home - just PM'd you a link...

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Jukeov wrote: Just seen these as well from Bulgaria
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-CLEAR-ANGEL-EYE-LED-DRL-FOG-SPOT-DAY-LIGHTS-91MM-3-58-FOR-NISSAN-NEW-/160900331261?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Cars+Year%3A2011%7CCar+Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3AJuke%7CPlat_Gen%3AF15%7CCars+Type%3A1.6+16v&hash=item25766836fd

Can't believe this, guess where I'm going on holiday a week before I go to China really need to have a measure tomorrow and get the right size.. Looks like 80 or 90 mm.

These will fit as a direct replacement - the fogs are slightly recessed so there is a little tollerance.
I'm taking a punt at that price....

·
Registered
838 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: Jukeov wrote: Just seen these as well from Bulgaria
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-CLEAR-ANGEL-EYE-LED-DRL-FOG-SPOT-DAY-LIGHTS-91MM-3-58-FOR-NISSAN-NEW-/160900331261?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Cars+Year%3A2011%7CCar+Make%3ANissan%7CModel%3AJuke%7CPlat_Gen%3AF15%7CCars+Type%3A1.6+16v&hash=item25766836fd

Can't believe this, guess where I'm going on holiday a week before I go to China really need to have a measure tomorrow and get the right size.. Looks like 80 or 90 mm.

These will fit as a direct replacement - the fogs are slightly recessed so there is a little tollerance.
I'm taking a punt at that price....

Yeah, good thing about these is you keep the fogs as well, and at that money, might just take a punt myself

1 - 20 of 62 Posts