Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a small paint problem which i have been waiting to have fixed under warranty.what follows is no way a reflection on the dealership in fact they have been great about it and have given me advice how to pursue it and i have provided them with duplicate evidence and they have written a report. which they are going to provide to Nissan GB. so no names are going to be mention until all facts are establishedunaware to the dealership and the nissan approved bodyshop there was a tracking device installed in my vehicle so you no what's coming next.when it was collected from my apartment i asked where is it going,it is going to a nissan approved body shop my heart sank have dealt with these so called approved bodyshops before.so it is away for three days so day-1 was spent on the dealers forecourt till 6-30pm when it arrived at the bodyshop put latitude and longitude co-ordinates off the phone which had already told me who the bodyshop was in to google earth printed picture off for reference.day-2 arrived the car remained on site the co-ordinates changed slightly but it was moving from one building to another which i assume was prep,paint,and finishing.then around 5-20pm it went offsite then my blood boiled at 5-54pm it was still trundling down a road offsite.i assume it was back on site by 6pm, (because got disturbed by my home shopping delivery that was another ----up items short thats another story)6-30pm established it was back onsite in one of the buildings.so someone has been out in it,now have they been revving the nuts off it, has it been through a speed camera or what? i have been breaking it in slowly.so i am not happy i am fuming to say the least no car should go offsite unless it has had a major rebuild,so day-3 arrives the decision is do i open my mouth now or do i see what happens now until i get the call that it is ready.no call so phoned dealership will my car be ready today hold the line came back yes just waiting for the low loader,ok i am not very happy why as you no my car went in for some paintwork to be done,so why did it go for a road test it had been offsite for at least 30mins oh better speak to the service managerexplained as above.if i pick you up can you bring your evidence with you for the DP to make a report.which has been done which will go in on tuesday,then for my own piece of mind had to go to the Police Station to see if my car had been picked up on the speed camera's to my relief all was clear from there database(i don't need this crap)i will a make formal complaint to ncs on tuesday so we will see what happens next or how it is going to be handled.to be fair the paint job is acceptable.DO GET SOME SORT OF TRACKING DEVICE IN YOUR VEHICLE "it's for your own benefit "they are not as expensive as you think they are.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i will pursue this to the end it could have been a micra or 370z or a Gtr does not matter what car it is they should not be taken offsite full stop.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Gadget, first sorry to hear about this its not right and I would be fuming aswell. I am not certain on this and not sure if I could find out but a Nissan approved repairer is likely to be dealer approved more than Nissan approved. It appears your dealer doesnt do its own bodywork(not many do these days) so farm it out to who ever they want to work with. Doesnt necessarily mean the best eitherWhen I had issues with my last one the local dealer said they would get it sorted in their bodyshop so I asked who they were and where. they were 20 miles away and not the bodyshop on the same estate or indeed the Insurance approved one 2 miles away. I asked a friend in the trade about them and he said they did a lot of dealer work because they were cheap. They didnt do my car as I refused to let them take it to them. Anyway the point being not Sure this is an issue to get annoyed at Nissan GB over. I think even NCS would refer you back to dealer on it I may be wrong but just my 2p worth. Hope it is al sorted out satisfactorily Deks

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi deks, there website says they are nissan approved rather than dealer approved and being asked by DP of dealership to contact nissan as he is not happy with the situation if this is happening to customer vehicles so it looks as if his hands are tied as to where he can send vehicles for repairs under warranty.now that i no that there are no traffic violations all i want is them to hold there hands up yes we took your car out and we should not have done so.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm all for the quite life i just want to go along doing my own thing, until something like this happens then i need answers.Done in an amicable manner.just frustrating but still smilingGadget2013-05-05 11:07:53

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Looking at the times, I would be just as concerned about the likely quality of the paint job. Preparation and adequate drying may be inadequate....

·
Registered
663 Posts
my car has been at the dealership all week. collected it today to find the petrol gauge had dropped by a quarter of a tank? will be talking to the DP first thing in the morning as it is MY CAR NO BUGGAR ELSES. how dare they

·
Registered
663 Posts
no i didnt Deks but i just know someone has been out in it because although i didnt check the mileage it is higher than what it was i do know

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
acrorat wrote: Why not take a photo of the mileage, petrol gauge and time clock, before handing over the key?

Having read this post, in future I will do this in front of them and make sure that they are aware....
I have to admit there is a big advantage in having a friend do the work.. That being said, he did eat all my wine gums last service.....

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I should say that my method above is something developed after finding 500 more miles on our Jeep than previously, after leaving it in the Galveston shipping company (and contents shifted about, and sprinkles of rock salt crystals all over the back seats and boot) to send over to Britain. They had also unhooked the trailer, and not put the electric connector back in, so I'm guessing someone used the Jeep as their free runaround for the three weeks before he was shipped to us.It is no reflection on my dealer, who has been really decent (if you don't count the service mechanic adjusting the handbrake, such that I almost dislocated both shoulders taking it off ).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about that Gadget - just as well you had a tracking device fitted or you'd been none the wiser.How much do they cost? - I might consider getting one if it's not extortionate!Anyways now you have your paint sorted you can start putting some miles on your Juke and really enjoying it

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
latest update,had a phone call from the garage to say the repairer had not taken it on the road and it had only done 1mile we could argue forever about it .i do however smell bs as i find it strange that no one told me the name of the repairer i was able to tell them so that proves it is accurate, another thing is i am using the same technology as the london police force is using in there bait bicycles and gps tracking cannot be falsified it is totally accurate.so unfortunately i did not write or photo the milage so thats a home goal not happy with the decision but thats life i think we have all learnt a lesson from this experience.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
If you are able to show from the tracker, where the car was when it was "in their care" then the police will bevable to follow this up as basic TWOC - it is a crime and they could well be able to substantiate your evidence with additional video, which is pretty commonplace.
I guess a lot falls down to how much you, and then the police want to follow it up.
I would at least threaten.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts