Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi well after my recent body shop repair where the company ruined my pristine paintwork i had a kind offer from a pal who works for g-techniq's who got me permission from the owner of g-techniq's (rob) to allow me to use there workshop for a whole day to repair my car , the benefits of this was mainly the weather at present and the lighting setup they use (£5000 lighting rig) which shows up every mark in your paint , plus to speed things up my pal offered to help me try to get it all done in a day well that was yesterday and im a happy bunny again today as its all back to better than new ,the 2 of us spent about 4 hours each with festool and a 3m rotary polishers using meguiars 105 on heavy cutting wool pads then finished of with g-techniq's finishing pads and meguiars 205 finishing polish then for the first time i appied g-techniq's c1 crystal laquer (the best sealent on the market imo) and good for upto 5 years protectionlooks great heres a few pics from my day , had to squeeze it in alongside a couple of £50k track day porches im in the grey top using my 3m rotary polisher

most of the main polishing done and practically faultless paint again and starting to shine

then i coated the entire car in c1 , leaving this finish

ctrdetailing2011-12-28 15:53:19

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I bought it because they are cheap cost me £1k i picked it up on the way back from Sunderland and it will serve a purpose for me its a 206 Grand tourisme there are only 302 left in the UK, I break 206's so its being sign written to resemble a rally car with my details on and will be used as an advertising banner and then when I am finished with that use it will get a full restoration and put away in the garageits currently awaiting its private plate back from DVLA K80 HUD which is my daughters name

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
ctrdetailing wrote:lol , thats a good plate ye sit was on a Corsa B I bought last Summer for £180 took the plate and scrapped the carnow just got to wait til my daughter is old enough to drive to put it on her caronly 12 more years to wait (she's five)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yep, Craig did mine a while ago but I never got round to getting set up with snow foam and now it's got some swirls back. I am as kind to it as I can be - 2 buckets, all the right clothes, etc. but swirls are inevitable. My plan is to sort out with a complete snowfoam setup then get it done again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.