Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got around to saying hi and introducing myself.
I've already learned a lot from you guys so a big thanks to kick off.

I kind of reached a point where I needed to buy a big bike and start driving around the countryside on Sundays, or buy myself a motor which took me back to my boy-racer days.
Since I don't fancy the leather look, I opted for a Juke.
Best decision I have made for years. Opted for an Arctic White Ascenta Premium 1500 dCi

Hopefully I'll get her cleaned up at the weekend and get some photo's but since she is as yet untouched (except for adding an armrest) there's no rush.

It's some time since I tinkered with a motor, or even felt the urge to do so, so it seems the Juke does indeed bring back the boy racer.
For those old enough to remember, my first Nissan was the 140Y coupe and then the ZX turbo - so there's an indication of my urgent need for an injection of youth.
Looks like I'll start with some easy things and get the lights upgraded so I can see where I'm going....

Anyway thanks again for the interesting topics and helpful stuff and I look forward to sharing experiences..

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome crazy horse
Great forum full of petrol heads ,enthusiasts ,mid life crises peeps
And some normal people too

Lots so advice and chat and laughter too
Get some photos up of the juke

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Lordharding wrote:Welcome crazy horse Great forum full of petrol heads ,enthusiasts ,mid life crises peeps And some normal people too Lots so advice and chat and laughter tooGet some photos up of the juke Normal people who's that then I ve not come across any normal people yetWelcom cr4zyhorse

·
Registered
867 Posts
The Juke and the forum are infectious (not in an STD way ), so it is exceptionally difficult not to want to fettle and mod away.

A lot of extras have been fitted already by members and there are some useful guides scattered about the forum too. Search and ask; answers and 'friendly' opinions are never too far away.

Best of luck re-living your youth and making your Juke bespoke to you.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Great forum I've only joined 6 weeks ago for advice before I had even ordered
The Juke Nismo which I collect on Wednesday and such a good variety of people
On here
The Juke is not another boring family hatchback
Something people can love and cherish , polish it and modify it
Think there has been over 100 joined in the last few weeks desperate to get the
Juke Factor

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had a really mad experience last night. Spent two hours washing the princess (with regular insults shouted from the wife who was wondering if the "hand wash Iraqi's" had been deported, because I was washing my own car).
I finally stepped back and looked, at where my forum stickers need to go and I had this wierd feeling that I should leave her alone.
Damn it's a good looking car - even naked and virginal, just as she was rolling off the production line...
So I have decided that I'll have to start with small stuff which doesn't touch her natural beauty.
So first it's gonna be lights - brighter the better, and some nice LEDs at the back.
I'm off searching the forum for ideas now, but --- recommendations anyone?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK so that didn't take long.
Bought wind deflectors from blacknote and ordered Nightbreakers and cree LED sidelights.
I've got some LEDs which I will play around with for interior lighting too.
Picture will follow when justified.....

·
Registered
419 Posts
A belated welcome to you. I have long passed the two bucket stage in a car cleaning addicts path through life and now have a karcher under car spray attachment. Oh happy days

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So for the record - naked and before I start tinkeringhttp://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t565/CR4ZYHORSE/juke3_zpsce75df48.jpgNumber two - Cree LED sidelights and Nightbreakers. (And yes I will do the indicator bulbs as soon as possible).I thought long and hard about it - and in the end my first "modification" was to ass the JOG stickers - now I'm legitimate...http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t565/CR4ZYHORSE/juke2_zps61569be5.jpghttp://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t565/CR4ZYHORSE/juke1_zpsa5205574.jpgNo pictures yet, but Fitted an iPhone cup holder from the nice guys at Glyn Hopkin (sliced the top off my thumb in the process) Fitted a pair of black headrest covers (White Nissan logo) £2.50 off evilbay.Fitted the Leather Armrest.(With luck this might work with the photo's, but up to now there's not a lot to see)Thanks for the encouragement guys !
Deks2013-04-20 19:01:14

1 - 20 of 26 Posts