Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked this earlier today and not having done this I searched the internet and came up with this hope it helps in the future for othersThis is the definitive guide to removing the wing mirror caps.

Firstly, using the electric mirror pad, angle the mirror as far down and as far into the car as possible. Thus leaving a wide gap the the top of the wing mirror,
where you will be able to see two clips behind the actual mirror. You
need to use something like a pair of scissors to pinch the top and
bottom sides of the clips and push them away through the internal
housing of the wing mirror. Then, again with the electric mirror pad,
angle the mirror as far up and as far into the car as possible. You
should now be able to see the bottom outside edge clip. Again, pinch the
clip to release. Hopefully, you should now be able to free the cover
from the wing mirror.

I'm not going to lie to you, it's one hell of a fiddle. One of my
caps popped right out and the other had to be sweet-talked. Under no
circumstances try to prise the mirror off with your nails as I was
poorly advised ! I was even told to be "more forceful" and
"squirt surgical spirit into the gaps to destroy the sticky tape".
There was no sticky tape.

Deks2013-07-07 19:31:54

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
If my mirror caps ever get damaged (JUKE or 370Z) I plan to wrap them in plain vinyl or either Hexis or Di-noc carbon vinyl.I think that would be a whole lot easier than replacing them!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Iv just fitted my white juke with force red mirrors and its really easy to do, i found that if you angle the mirror forward so you can get your hand in at the top you can just pull the glass out as its only on a few plastic prongs, with the glass out the way all 3 clips are really easy to get at and pop out, replace the mirror cap and push the glass back on :) jobs a good an

·
Registered
663 Posts
yes but did you notice the 4th clip at the bottom? i bet you didnt because it snaps off when you take the cover off because you cant see it or get at it..the good news is ,it doesnt make any difference without it

·
Registered
867 Posts
It is the luck of the draw if the 4th clip breaks or not. As OB states, they hold well enough even if they become detached along the way.

Having removed and replaced mirror caps several times now; I concur that glass removal is the easiest method. Always tape the glass first for extra rigidity and strength and once angled pull from the centre downwards and not from the outer edge. Failure to tape and pulling from the outer edge may result in the glass creasing and fracturing.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I've since read the same advice for the 370Z mirror caps - probably very similar in design. Mine are now protected with Ventureshield but I won't rule out making them black in the future.Luckily we've only been hit by a lot of dead flies on the Juke mirrors!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
harveyhanson wrote: So has anyone got any ideas of how to remove the glass, I had a go at getting the caps off with limited (aka naff all) success!

Scroll up a few posts from this one

·
Registered
56 Posts
TTDegs wrote: harveyhanson wrote: So has anyone got any ideas of how to remove the glass, I had a go at getting the caps off with limited (aka naff all) success!

Scroll up a few posts from this one

Was hoping there may be some pics, sounds tricky

·
Registered
56 Posts
I tried quite a few times and cannot even get one clip off (could see 3 clips), tried with screwdriver, and flat nosed pliers, no luck at all, any advise? Anyone got any pics or detailed instructions on how to get the mirror glass off?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just changed my mirror caps...very easy to do. To take the glass off i put the mirror full down and the clips for the mirror are visible. The clips are small and fit over the top , i used some scissors and just lifted the clips i could see slightly and the mirror just popped off easy. Removal of the cover is then easy too. Squeeze the 3 visible clips and wriggle it off, it does take a little force and the 4th clip broke off as you just cant get to it. Then its just a case of pushing the new one on and then push the glass back on . Took me less than 10 mins to change em and ive never done it before. I did do the ones on my mini a few years back and they were much more difficult. Just got to fit the spoiler now....probably take a bit longer ;) looked at the instructions though and it looks easy enough .

·
Registered
503 Posts
I also used these instructions yesterday
I am no Klutz, been messing with cars for a million years
I am methodical and have a great attention to detail
Worked in Formula 3 and Formula Renault
So......I was going to get this right

Trust me.......YOU WILL BREAK THE 4TH HIDDEN CLIP !

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Finally getting around to changing my mirror caps (white coming off and red going on - and that's more than enough red on a Juke thanks Deks)

Not sure about having a go at painting them - or should I just buy a set ?
I guess there's nothing to lose if I try the painting first.....

·
Registered
838 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: Finally getting around to changing my mirror caps (white coming off and red going on - and that's more than enough red on a Juke thanks Deks)

Not sure about having a go at painting them - or should I just buy a set ?
I guess there's nothing to lose if I try the painting first.....

PM for you.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts