Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Citroen C8 had mood lighting, a kind of orange/amber that could be brightened or dimmed as needed. It was always on and, when I got the car, thought it was a gimmick. However after a few night drives, I found that the slight glow along the dashboard joins and the footwells slightly lit really helped as, out of the corner of my eyes, there was some colour rather than a dark interior that was occasionally lit by passing cars / lights in a strobe effect. The orange lighting really help stop this.eBay item number (271089103644)So, for £6.602 Metre 60 LED RGB Car Club Truck Strip Light + 24 Key Remote + ControllerBrand new and high qualityLow power consumption and Low heatingLong service life, over 100,000 hoursAnti-dust and shockproofSuitable for decorating home, boat, club, hotel, bar, show room, aquarium etc.LED type: 5050 SMDLED quantity: 60 ( 30 LEDs per meter ) - 2 meter lengthWith 3M adhesive back tape Color: multicolor (16 colors)With 24 key IR remoteLighting modes: Flash, Strobe, Fade, and Smooth Lighting angle: 120°Input voltage: DC 12VSize: 200 x 1 x 0.2 cm (LxWxH)Working temperature: -20°C to 60°C3 LEDs per group Can be cut With controller, power cable and user manualPlug not include++Package included++ : 1 X LED strip1 X remote 1 X controller 1 X power cable1 X user manual ( in English )In original packageI thought of cutting the 2 meter strip into two, joining the lengths by some wire, and fitting one metre under each footwelll.I will let you know what it looks like (a) when it gets here from HK, and (b) when (or if) it is fitted. is fitted - £6.60 as an experiment seems reasonable, and cheaper than the £350 or so from Nissan.Jeff
jthspace2013-02-15 15:17:23

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yes, it's easy done jthspace. I seen the Nissan illumination package for £180 +-and thought hold on. Went on a combination of EBay and Amazon and did the whole lot for 20 big ones. Bought 6x 30cm red led strip at 95p ea, 2x 9smd red 501s and 1x white for £5 ish and a pack of 4 Prism red micro LEDs for the cup holders £7+ a few connectors..
Oh, and just bought illuminated sill guards from Aliexpress for £42 which is my project for tomorrow, so actually £62.
Oh yeah , and wife thinks I've lost it

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jukeov wrote:Yes, it's easy done jthspace. I seen the Nissan illumination package for £180 +-and thought hold on. Went on a combination of EBay and Amazon and did the whole lot for 20 big ones. Bought 6x 30cm red led strip at 95p ea, 2x 9smd red 501s and 1x white for £5 ish and a pack of 4 Prism red micro LEDs for the cup holders £7+ a few connectors..Oh, and just bought illuminated sill guards from Aliexpress for £42 which is my project for tomorrow, so actually £62. Oh yeah , and wife thinks I've lost it Yep, been there, got the stare . . . . . . . Mind you, I have only spent £6.60 (for now) and I haven't even got the car yet!There is a shopping list, however.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Gentson these, does the remote control work without mains power?Bizarre question I know, but the ebay links have an IR receiver that seems to need to be plugged in to the mains...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts