Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, I have owned a DCI Juke for 26 months now and have constantly complained about the poor MPG I have achieved. For the most part my car has been sub 40 mpg occasional riseing to a massive 42 mpg. We have accepted the fact our journey is low distance and hasn't helped.Well we changed the car for a new one in November so now have the revised version not expecting too much as 0 miles on the clock when picked up average has been mid 40's local journey's and a few jolts up the motorway.Well today I had to pop out of town dual carriage way journey and am as happy as punch for the first time in over 2 years of ownership I have seen an mpg figure that I would expect to seeI am really pleased with this figure.Will I see an improvement? Hope so still in the 1K bracket at present

·
Registered
206 Posts
mine like your old one is on the downward spiral, getting less to the gallon than this time last year
but,<shrug shoulders> will have to do for a while (monies tight)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Sorry Deks, I don't understand that first digit. It looks like a '5' but it can't be, surely. I have only ever seen a '3', '2', or '1' before!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul_S wrote:Sorry Deks, I don't understand that first digit. It looks like a '5' but it can't be, surely. I have only ever seen a '3', '2', or '1' before!that's why I took a picture just incase I dont get to see it again

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
illegalhunter wrote:You will soon get used to 50+mpg lolthat would be nice, I doubt it will happen, not least because of the short journey we do also if we manage to do a deal on a Nismo I think we will be getting used to mid 20's

·
Registered
663 Posts
i have the petrol engine, my juke is 22 months old now, i have just clocked 13,000 miles and my MPG since ive had the car is 35.5..i can be a bit heavy on the pedal to say the least so as i am no expert on the subject i dont know if 35.5 is good, bad or indifferent for petrol

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
tk juke wrote:mine like your old one is on the downward spiral, getting less to the gallon than this time last year
but,<shrug shoulders> will have to do for a while (monies tight)
Yep mine is too, but it's my style of driving and my journey. Lots of twisty country lane (so loads of gear changes) doesn't make for good fuel consumption, and the consumption also falls rapidly at speeds over 80mph (so I hear ) Lots of fun though and my worst has been about 36mpg on a tank, which I find acceptable.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's good to hear of another juke dci driver who gets the same sort of figure as me. Yes I have noticed a dramatic drop,in mpg at 80mph, I also find the mpg acceptable although more would be nice.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I've had that figure on a part tank, but usually by the end of the tank, I've driven in a manner to reduce it again.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well what can I say my happiness has been very short lived, car has covered its normal 4 miles each way journey and we are now on a whopping 33 mpg. This is the worst figure I have ever had from the diesel engine, I never experienced it this bad on the old in fact its now making the Nismo less of an issue MPG wise

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Deks wrote:Well what can I say my happiness has been very short lived, car has covered its normal 4 miles each way journey and we are now on a whopping 33 mpg. This is the worst figure I have ever had from the diesel engine, I never experienced it this bad on the old in fact its now making the Nismo less of an issue MPG wise

Yep, that's quite a bit worse than I've managed - could it be simply that the weather is much colder at the moment, so more fuel is being used to warm it up - also, do you have the aircon switched on? That might also be working harder to dehumidify the car over a short distance. Mine does have the advantage that I've a 16 mile each way trip, so it's warm for a lot of that journey. Perhaps you need a second car for your short commute - a Renault Twizy would be perfect

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A twist is a good idea, try telling mrs d to get rid of the juke though, I have 2 of my own cars at present one for work and one that has done 50 miles in the last year.(selling it this year) it's just one of those things we have to put up with doing such short journey's

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Ah, the twizy would be perfect for short journeys, but you have do do them regularly otherwise the £40 per month rental for the batteries become expensive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deks wrote:Well what can I say my happiness has been very short lived, car has covered its normal 4 miles each way journey and we are now on a whopping 33 mpg. This is the worst figure I have ever had from the diesel engine, I never experienced it this bad on the old in fact its now making the Nismo less of an issue MPG wise

This is what I would expect from such short distances. On the dash that is. Check that it is correct by tripping the distance next time you fill up to the top and note how many gallons you need to refill and divide by the distance covered.The Nissan Juke fuel readout always takes about 10 miles from a cold start to normalise. I think you will find that actual consumption will be considerably less that indicated. Probably by about 10mpg. Longer journeys will see 50mpg driven sensibly but quite rapidly. High speed, considerably above 60 will see an increase in consumption, to the mid 40's at 80 or above.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Less than indicated I think I'll give the proper check a miss dash figure is bad enough don't think I could cope with worse.
They we use the Juke is the biggest issue as you have said above short journeys then on long ones we are usually above 60 mph.
Just waiting for Mark @ Abbey Motorsport to give me the nod for a diesel remap.

At the end of the day it is what is and I wouldn't change the car because of it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts