Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely gutted, just got hubby to check tyre pressure and he found a huge nail straight through the offside front tyre, pressure was down to 28, so slow puncture. Time to find out the cost of new if not repairable.......

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
new is approx £150 had to get one just before christmasleave the nail in if possible I believe it has to be virtually in the centre of the tread to be repairable these days unless you know the tyre fittertry to avoid the mainstream such as kwik fit find a good local tyre place

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Repair done £20 and Nail removed. Also the tyres were inflated to 42 when should have been 36 so are now correct. This was done by dealer or factory as we have not touched them since pick up

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I work 30% of my time in UK and drive about 15,000 miles a year over here. I'm already loving driving the Juke around but the lack of a spare (even a space saver) has me worried. Yes I have the RAC cover, but as I am often driving at stupid-o-clock in the morning, or late evening, whe would they get a replacement tyre to fit?? They sure won't tow me home. I think it is a real oversight on Nissan's part.
I've got an Ascenta Premium (1500dCi in Arctic white mmmmmmm) -anyone know if the QQ space-saver is the same?
I've seen quite a few advertised but they are all either QQ or 16" Juke - or even if another space saver is compatible

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
QQ space saver is similar it will fit and is useable although it isnt a perfect fit in the boot its slightly prouder and thus prevents the tray sitting home as it should. I had to cut some of the bottom away on my last one.I do Know that GHpartsonline may have a special on the spare kit coming up if they can work a deal with Nissan on it so keep an eye on the forum. It wont be as cheap as a used QQ one though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts