Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after i got a nice dent im the rear quarter of my qq a few months ago that i havnt had time or money to deal with my 2 sons paid for the repair for my xmas present (well they paid my excess lol)got it back yesterday and found they had tried to paint the arch moulding plastic and failed as it was peeling off by the time they returned it so new moulding ordered the rest of the panel repair looked good until this morning went out this morning and the early winter sun was on my car and OMFG the car os covered head to toe in fine scratches , even the panel they painted , swirl city , looks like rather than washing they chose to leather the dirt off and have caused major paint damage that they refuse was there doing even though the freshly painted panel is the same (leather must have been covered in crap and just dragged all over the car) , i even asked them not to touch the paint as my car is pristine but got the usual chat that the insurance inspector would not release a dirty car so i agreed just a wash and strictly no polish as the sealent on my car would be affected by the polish the scratches are deep enough to mean that even though i spent 2 hrs today with a DA i didnt get rid of more than 50% of them thankfully my friend works at the g-techniq's detail workshop and has arranged to allow me use of the workshop for the day to speed things up with all there car dryers ect and his help to restore its former glory in a day inc application of c1 chrystal laquerthe work i will have to do to restore it would usually cost a customer £700/£1000 ive heard so many horror storys about dealers / body shops causing this kind of damage so if i can pass on any advice it would be NEVER NEVER NEVER LET A DEALER OR REPAIR CENTRE CLEAN YOUR CAR UNLESS YOU LIKE THE MATT FINISH LOOK

·
Registered
206 Posts
same as dont let your car be cleaned after a service scratches all over the car, thing is I washed and waxed the car before hand so got it back dirtier than when it went in

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I dont need a sign.. our dealership never even offer to clean the car!,!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
A sign in the window seems a good idea. When I went to collect my last Juke after it's 1st service they had just returned with it from a trip to the nearest car wash. I would have been hacked off if It wasn't for the fact I was trading it in shortly after.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts