Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
of course! I had the bonnet and vents before the car! ;-)will have someone look at my exhaust options in the next couple of weeks and let everyone know the deal

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Watch this space fellas! I am kind of known within my circle of friends as the dude with the nice car, so when my eagerly anticipated new car arrived I put a picture of it on facebook. 9 out of 10 comments were, shall we say, negative. I don't get it? OK it is an acquired taste but is anyone else finding people hating so much?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
The Juke is very marmite, you either love it or hate it. What I have found over the last 2.5 years is thatcontary to what Nissan think the younger people dont like it even though Nissan aimed it squarely at them and imo still try to where as the majority of owners are in the 40+ bracket.I think that will chnage as the 3 year old cars start to appear on the market away from the dealer network thus making them cheaper and more appealing to the budget conscious buyerFrom my friends its either no comment or a like I think that those that hate it is because it stands out from the crowd and provokes opinion and they are too scared to move away from the mainstream euro boxes

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I've been quite lucky in my circle of friends in the Subaru community
Mainly because I've still got my other Subaru so they are going fairly easy on me as they say

I've just half sold out

There is lots of interest from them in my Juke Nismo
(when it's registered thanks DVLC for another 7-10 days wait from today )
Most of them loves the aggressive looks
Think it's very good value for money Compared to other performance vehicles
Think petrol and particularly road tax £170 instead of £490 and half the price of insurance is a big plus factor
Equipment levels are very high
Performance is maybe adequate
Slight worries of 2wd for me
Rare on the roads
The start of something big for enthuastists and petrol heads so I've got on the bandwagon on the ground floor

Those potential mods look good and will I will enjoy your transformation develop

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I am only 29 and have found the Juke interesting since I first saw it. It kind of provokes memories of the cool beach buggy thing the hoff drove on baywatch. Big yet playful. Yet I was always after something a little sharper and more aggressive looking though, not really a fan of any bumper that isn't painted rather than plastic. As soon as nissan revealed the nismo on their facebook I was straight on the phone to them. All I was worried about then was whether I would be left wanting by the performance, which I am happy to say I'm not. By trade I remap ECU's for performance and it wont be long before the Juke receives this treatment also and expect to receive at least an extra 20-25 PS. But yet again, I will keep people posted

·
Registered
445 Posts
it does seem to be as others say either love or hate the juke, we love it as it is so different and stands out, i have always liked the chrysler pt cruiser for the same reasons but i know most people hate them, i would have been tempted to go for a pt, if the juke hadnt come along at such a good deal that we couldnt resist buying it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
interesting about the negative comments... a number of my friends have said negative things about the Juke.. but what matters to me is that the wife went and had a sit in one at the dealers and she loves it (as do I) so I dont give a rats behind what others think we Love it and have ordered onethat Bonnet is going to look sick with the Vents in it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.