Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due to pick up my brand spanking new DIG-T in Nightshade next Friday Night, so Next Saturday will be a full day of prep and detailing.I've asked the dealer not to wax or polish whatsoever. Does anyone know what the straight from factory finish is like, and what the nightshade paint is like? Is it very soft etc...Is the finish quality of the Juke normally very good or is the paint thrown on poorly like they did on my Navara? I understand certain colours are softer, e.g. the Haptic Blue, not sure if the nightshade falls into that category though!Any advice greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Collected my storm white (multi white ) nismo on Wednesday and paintwork
Was fine
Washed it and slight beading with water
Just slight roughness on paintwork but nothing a few coats won't cure

Going to give it a month
( not sure if i should do it earlier as its brand new ??t
then full
Backlight 2 coats
50/50 paste
V7 sealant
From chemical guys
Might even take off the wheels and wax

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ctrdetailing wrote:ps , always clay your new car , you will be surprised the difference it makes and how much crap it pulls off the new paint
Always do- I try to keep a reasonable 'mid range' set of products, (I begrudge paying a fortune for valeting products as I think after a certain point you are paying for a brand- Yes, if I had a Ferrari or similar then money wouldn't be an object, and I would have tins of Swissvax Crystal Rock or Race Glaze Black Label adorning the shelves in my climatically controlled 'Car House' ) so once it arrives it will be clayed, sealed and waxed so all being well it will have a nice finish lasting me several months.....However, knowing my luck something will happen and there will be another weeks wait! lol

·
Registered
790 Posts
i could tell you things about some brands that would shock you i know one highly rated company that buys there products from the same wholesaler as another brand , trouble is not only do they charge twice the price but they water it down as much as 15-1 so in a 500ml bottle theres actually only 30ml of the original product in it and the rest is water meaning a total outlay inc packaging is around £2 odd per bottle and they sell it for £16.99 , whereas the other brand that use the same product sell it in it original concentrate for £8.99 which can then be diluted , its terrible but its one of the most popular brands in the detailing industry and its all down to marketing i dont own a single product from that company as you can imagine

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I collected my brand new Dig T last night. After a bit of a discussion with the dealer, I managed to collect it in it's delivery wax (apparently the juke does not come in a wrap as its uk built, just a spray on wax similar to waxoyl in appearance)Today was the detailing day. Firstly, a rinse off with the power washer. Then a soak in snowfoam to release the delivery wax, then rinse.After inspection the car was clean, so a gentle 'pat' dry on a couple of panels to see condition of paint. I was amazed to find the car covered in hairline scratches. Very disappointed that the paint finish was so poor. In some places it looks like someone has rubbed it with wet and dry paper... Also, in other places, the 'orange peel' finish is awful.I think that to correct the whole car would take at least 12 to 18 hours, but with it being so newly painted I'm a little reluctant to dig in with a DA to get the scratches out. I've mentioned it to the dealer, just awaiting their response...I'd add photos but I've not got a clue how to do it!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I think i'm not fated to keep a decent paint finish...Today, driving the juke for probably the third time, I was overtaken by an imbecile towing a trailer on a country road... The road was only really wide enough for two cars to pass with slowing down, but this bloke flew past me without a care in the world.. I literally had to swerve left to let him past.Off his trailer came a stone or something similar, and hit the kerb side front edge of the bonnet; it made a really loud bang, I thought it had hit the windscreen at first. When I pulled up later, there was a wonderful stone chip about 4mm across in the new paint... I was fuming to say the least... If I'd have had the bonnet protector, it wouldn't have marked it! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Sorry to hear CDPD - not the best start. Hope you can touch it up sufficiently to take away the attention of the eye and leave a reasonably unnoticeable finish.Take your time and apply thin coats.Good luck pal.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
that is not good,it is bad enough when you chip it yourself it is worse when some other idiot does it.this was me do i put a bonnet protector on or not,it may stop a chip i don't no. with the amount of debris on the roads by me from potholes there is nothing to say i won't get one somewhere else on the body work.it appears to be potluck. i hope you can touch it up without it being to noticeable.

·
Registered
790 Posts
my bonnet protector is the best money ive spent on this car , my last had bonnet chips after 3 days and 50 miles , 600 done in this and mostly motorway and not a mark , even better is not a bug on the screen either as it causes a draft that takes the bugs up and over the car so no more bug guts smeared all over the screen on warm days

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just bidding on a bonnet protector; I can't believe how expensive juke accessories are!!!!!Working round the car to get it how I like it, (i.e .mirror finish) and I'm finding the paint remarkably hard which is quite pleasing.....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
CDPDesign wrote: Just bidding on a bonnet protector; I can't believe how expensive juke accessories are!!!!!

I'll take that one off my watch list then!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
136 Posts
How good are the bonnet protectors? never thought they would actually do that much, and I do like the look of them on the Juke

1 - 20 of 25 Posts