Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ain't been on for a while,Came across a nice front mount intercooler of a friend in mint condition,So thought it may fit pending pipe work,So process last night...Front bumper removed Side lights removed for access to the wings bolts to remove the bumper .Once off we test fitted the front mount was looking promising. Until we noticed the passenger side the pipe work would foul the wheel on full lock so after sum adjustments all went well.On placing the bumper back on noticed it would line up properly so we raised it slightly. Job done however the fogs lights are not fitted at the moment, due to the pipe work.This will get sorted next week, Wot every one is waiting for pics and test drive results..First impressions boost is a lot stronger coming at just over 2k and holds well all through the rev range.Next up is a remap to see the full benefits.
Deks2012-10-20 19:21:35

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Don't undedrstand all this intercoller upgrade stuff I guess there is a valid reason for it and it clearly benefitsi am just simple. eidt note: I changed the heading Turbo from IC to intercooler so it explains it to us simpletonsOF course I have made a larger assumption that IC means intercooler

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers buddy,
Had a drama fitting pipe work was tight, just need a remap now.
Not sure we're to take though need to do sum research.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi,Was good to chat the few times over the last few day s, I think 20/30bhp will be the minimum gain, this is from what I have found tuning my our own car and the work I have be involved with wit US cars.The turbo is out of efficiency over 1.2bar boost so running any more boost than that will just give a more torque but no more top end BHP, as I said I spend a lot of time with the boost control on the cars , tapering the boost up towards the rev limit to help the way the car drives ( also boost is controlled via throttle position as well) Our car is running over 20bhp more than a stock car without a front mount intercooler and the stock exhaust air filter set up and the 2nd Cat removed. So your car I feel will give a bigger gain.Mark

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark

Will get it booked in ASAP just working round my work commitments at the mo.

Defo made a difference with the front mount fitted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
20-30 i would imagine would be peak figures.I'm sure Abbey would be able to vouch for before and after graphs, maybe even plotted on the same graph so you can see the overall increase in power across the whole rev range.Torque would probably increase further than BHP.Out of interest what else is done to the Juke in the OP performance wise? Is that a universal intercooler?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts