Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Sorry for the lengthy post.
Does anyone have a problem with the air conditioning in the new juke (mine is a 71 plate Connecta).
I had my 3rd Juke at the beginning of September and the air conditioning had a problem. Outside temperature around 12 degrees. If I turned the dial to 16degrees, freezing cold air blowing, 16.5 degrees and anything above hot air coming out. I know this is not right from the last 2 Jukes albeit they were the older version jukes.
It seems to happen when the outside temperature is between 10-15 degrees. Seems ok otherwise but not had it long enough to say otherwise. Reported it after 2 weeks went in for one day, it was “fixed” next morning same issue. Then it went in again for a week, they admitted there was a fault but they had to report it to Nissan Technical and wait for maybe a software update?
Complained to Customer Services. They needed to have it back in to be checked again. 4 weeks later it’s been escalated from Nissan Technical, then Nissan Europe, then Nissan design and now Nissan technical coming out “to look at it” in 2 weeks time.
I am driving around in a courtesy car (micra) and as you can imagine I’m not a happy bunny.
I would be grateful to hear if anyone has the same problem with the air conditioning and if it has been fixed.
On another note if you know what a “reasonable length of time” is to fix the problem that would also help. I have asked for a replacement car but they aren’t very forthcoming with any information.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi.

Interesting post Maxi. I have a 21 plate Juke Tekna+, which I have owned from new (June 2021). The air con works fine, however since the start of the cold weather, I have noticed that if I set my temperature at 16c, which is one notch up from "low," then it blows through cold still. However if I turn my heater up to 16.5c it blows through like a furnace. I have found that if I turn the heater control up to say 18c, then it doesn't blow through as hot as when set at 16.5c? I guess it may have a problem, but can live with it for now, as don't want to faff about taking it back to the dealers.

I will keep an eye on your post, to see what Nissan come back with on your car, as unfortunately it seems your problem is more major.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks
Doug

Reactions: Maxi.B

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi.

Interesting post Maxi. I have a 21 plate Juke Tekna+, which I have owned from new (June 2021). The air con works fine, however since the start of the cold weather, I have noticed that if I set my temperature at 16c, which is one notch up from "low," then it blows through cold still. However if I turn my heater up to 16.5c it blows through like a furnace. I have found that if I turn the heater control up to say 18c, then it doesn't blow through as hot as when set at 16.5c? I guess it may have a problem, but can live with it for now, as don't want to faff about taking it back to the dealers.

I will keep an eye on your post, to see what Nissan come back with on your car, as unfortunately it seems your problem is more major.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does your car have air conditioning or climate control?
if it has full climate control then the settings seem, to me, over complicated. Go back to the manual just to check that you have set all the controls correctly.
I know I’m an old fart but it appears that any button I press or turn results either in nothing or a pretty good imitation of a jump-jet taking off. It’s just such a weird system to have in a car when you just need something that’s intuitive and can be identified by touch alone.

·
Registered
761 Posts
It is pretty intuitive, set a temperature, set the fan speed. My only complaint with the climate control is that the buttons and display are a bit on the small side.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your reply Doug, it sounds very similar. I have got Nissan Technical coming out to see my car on 9/12, the technician at my local Nissan garage thinks it may need a software update. I just want my new car back, 5 weeks in garage so far😩
I’ll keep you posted 👍🏻

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does your car have air conditioning or climate control?
if it has full climate control then the settings seem, to me, over complicated. Go back to the manual just to check that you have set all the controls correctly.
I know I’m an old fart but it appears that any button I press or turn results either in nothing or a pretty good imitation of a jump-jet taking off. It’s just such a weird system to have in a car when you just need something that’s intuitive and can be identified by touch alone.
Thank you for your reply.
It’s climate control.
I thought it was just me at first but it’s my 3rd juke and I knew it wasn’t right.
Nissan Technical have said that there is definitely a fault. When they checked the temperature at 16.5 degrees it was reading 30 degrees. Will find out more next week!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Maxi

Yes, sounds very similar to mine. It's a shame you haven't got your car at the moment, as I would suggest you try raising the temperature to 18c, to see if it settles the temperature down a bit. As I said in my previous post, mine seems to settle down if I raise it to 18c or above, it just blows through really hot at 16.5 to 17.5c. The other thing I notice is how quick the heating works (which is a good thing). I previously owned a Qashqai, and it took a few miles for the heating to kick in. The Jukes heating seems to kick in almost immediately.

Will look forward to your diagnosis, and hope it gets sorted. At least they admit that there is a fault, and not trying to fob you off.

Doug

Reactions: Maxi.B

·
Registered
761 Posts
Mine seems to work as excpected. You do get a brief hotter feel when you go from lo to 16 / 16.5, then stabilises.

But if the cabin has stabilised at say 20, then turning down in steps to 16 does make the air colder through the vents then it stabilises again.

Looks to be the way it works, a boost of hot or cold air to adjust the cabin temp quicker. It certainly not "like a furnace" at 16

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine seems to work as excpected. You do get a brief hotter feel when you go from lo to 16 / 16.5, then stabilises.

But if the cabin has stabilised at say 20, then turning down in steps to 16 does make the air colder through the vents then it stabilises again.

Looks to be the way it works, a boost of hot or cold air to adjust the cabin temp quicker. It certainly not "like a furnace" at 16
Mine doesn’t go cool after turning it from 16 to 16.5.
It stays hot and when the technician tested it it was reading 30 degrees. It only seems to happen when the outside temperature is between 10 and 15 degrees. Mine is definitely faulty, my 3rd Juke now and the other 2 were like how you explained.
Hopefully on Thursday, I will know more as Nissan Technical are coming to look at it. I think it’s Nissan Design who have asked for the investigation.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Maxi

Any update on your problem, or are they all still scratching their heads :unsure:?

Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Maxi

Any update on your problem, or are they all still scratching their heads :unsure:?

Doug
Hi Maxi

Doug
Hi Doug,
Nissan Technical came on Thursday. They looked at it, did what they had to do then went away. Both the garage and Nissan complaints have no further information than that. Totally fed up with it all now. I’ve had the car for 14 weeks, been in the garage for 7 weeks now. Put in for a rejection/replacement.
Please keep asking and I’ll update you, with everything going on at this time of year I might forget to go on this forum!

·
Registered
19 Posts
How bloody annoying is that! As you rightly say, I think I would be pressing Nissan now for a replacement car now. Failing them agreeing to that, I would at least insist of having a new Juke courtesy car, rather than the Micra they have given you!

Good luck with it all, and yes I'll keep asking :whistle:!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How bloody annoying is that! As you rightly say, I think I would be pressing Nissan now for a replacement car now. Failing them agreeing to that, I would at least insist of having a new Juke courtesy car, rather than the Micra they have given you!

Good luck with it all, and yes I'll keep asking :whistle:!
Well still without my car. Still going down the replacement/rejection route. The last I was told was that the problem has been escalated to Nissan production line. Courtesy car has now gone back and I’ve got a hire car, paid for by Nissan, not a Nissan though!!
I am hoping by the end of this month I should know what they plan on doing. It’s going to be difficult finding a new car with the current chip problem!
I will let you know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am going to watch this.
I am on my second Juke and have had many cars with Climate.
Since I got the car, even my wife complains how warm it is
I have always had the climate set at about 20.
Now, I am driving around at about 17.5 which doesn't worry me except that when it is summer, what is going to happen.
Went into my local dealer last week and he said it is all about ambiente temperature which I didn't really believe, but currently have not got enough time to have the car in the garage.
I also find it surprising that when the climate is on auto, no air comes out the vents in the dash, it is only up to the screen (and I presume floor)
I have more control when I set direction manually, but that is not what I have a car with climate.
Well still without my car. Still going down the replacement/rejection route. The last I was told was that the problem has been escalated to Nissan production line. Courtesy car has now gone back and I’ve got a hire car, paid for by Nissan, not a Nissan though!!
I am hoping by the end of this month I should know what they plan on doing. It’s going to be difficult finding a new car with the current chip problem!
I will let you know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am going to watch this.
I am on my second Juke and have had many cars with Climate.
Since I got the car, even my wife complains how warm it is
I have always had the climate set at about 20.
Now, I am driving around at about 17.5 which doesn't worry me except that when it is summer, what is going to happen.
Went into my local dealer last week and he said it is all about ambiente temperature which I didn't really believe, but currently have not got enough time to have the car in the garage.
I also find it surprising that when the climate is on auto, no air comes out the vents in the dash, it is only up to the screen (and I presume floor)
I have more control when I set direction manually, but that is not what I have a car with climate.
It’s very strange Marcus. I will post if I ever find out more information.
I am still waiting for a decision on what is happening regarding my rejection/replacement. Latest news is waiting for Nissan Technical to give their findings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So still without my car. Have written to ombudsman at the weekend and had an email this morning to say they will deal with my case. Email from customer services tonight to say that there is no problem with my car, yet the technician and his manager said from the outset that there is. In December the customer services at Nissan said that because of the length of time it had taken she had changed my case to rejection. They gave me a hire car. Now they want it back and me get my, as far as I am aware, faulty car back.
So now the fight begins! Wish me luck. Any advice or your experiences please let me know.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So still without my car. Have written to ombudsman at the weekend and had an email this morning to say they will deal with my case. Email from customer services tonight to say that there is no problem with my car, yet the technician and his manager said from the outset that there is. In December the customer services at Nissan said that because of the length of time it had taken she had changed my case to rejection. They gave me a hire car. Now they want it back and me get my, as far as I am aware, faulty car back.
So now the fight begins! Wish me luck. Any advice or your experiences please let me know.
Thank you in advance!
Hi,

I still have the problem,

Two weeks ago, I was driving along with the climate at about 18, and all of a sudden a blast of cold air came through the vents.
The strange thing is, that on climate, there is no air coming through the dash vents, it all goes through to the windscreen vents, but when I change it to manual I do get cold air through the dash vents.

I have just logged this with Nissan customer service and explained that I am not going to take it to a dealer as I know people who have the same problem, and Nissan are saying there is nothing wrong, so I will watch very carefully what happens with yours.

my issue now is that I have had the car since late september and already done 8,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts