Nissan Juke Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wonder if we can work out if the cars were made at the same time.
I got a stock car from a leasing company so was sitting ready for collection early september.
It could be that there was a 'batch' of cars made at the same time that have the same problem.
I have raised the issue with the leasing company this morning, but will watch carefully what happens with you.
I wonder if you could message me somehow with your nissan case reference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I wonder if we can work out if the cars were made at the same time.
I got a stock car from a leasing company so was sitting ready for collection early september.
It could be that there was a 'batch' of cars made at the same time that have the same problem.
I have raised the issue with the leasing company this morning, but will watch carefully what happens with you.
I wonder if you could message me somehow with your nissan case reference.
Yes could be a batch. Weirdly enough the courtesy car I had for a week had the same problem. I did tell them at the garage.
I have sent you a message.
I have now gone through the Motor ombudsman. They have replied and said that my case is something they could investigate and have to send a timeline of events, which I’ve done. I’ll keep you posted.
I have asked customer services if I can have a copy of the findings.
It is so frustrating. There is definitely a fault. Surely almost 4 months of my car sat in the garage would warrant a rejection or replacement, especially as I reported the fault within the first month. I believe you have 6 months to notify of any faults and they have one chance to fix the fault and that has to be done within a reasonable length of time.
Never had any problems with the air con on my previous 2 jukes, 15 plate and 67 plate.
I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hi,

I still have the problem,

Two weeks ago, I was driving along with the climate at about 18, and all of a sudden a blast of cold air came through the vents.
The strange thing is, that on climate, there is no air coming through the dash vents, it all goes through to the windscreen vents, but when I change it to manual I do get cold air through the dash vents.

I have just logged this with Nissan customer service and explained that I am not going to take it to a dealer as I know people who have the same problem, and Nissan are saying there is nothing wrong, so I will watch very carefully what happens with yours.

my issue now is that I have had the car since late september and already done 8,000 miles.
Marcus they will tell you that it will have to go to dealership or they will close your case, if you have the same conversation I had. Even thought it had been twice before it made no difference. You will get a courtesy car though. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a play around with the climate yesterday (having spoken to the lease company)
since getting the car, I had only once had air coming through the dash vent, and that was a blast of cold air for about 30 seconds a few weeks ago.

yesterday was 13 degrees. I waited for the car to warm up and then turned the heat to full, and scrolled through the different manual vent settings.

After that, I switched it back to auto and it seems that now there is air coming through the dash vents at 18 degrees.

I hate to say, but I think that the climate is just a bit rubbish, and that it may be that you have to set them temp to lower than you would expect, and when it is hotter, the blower will be on more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just catching up on your latest events! Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. I'm not sure if I'm just getting used to the temperature settings, and being hot, or whether my Juke has partly fixed itself?? This may be pure coincidence, but the car wanted me to do a software update last week, which I did. Then a couple of days later we did a long journey (130 miles, then another 130 miles the next day). The temperature was set at 18c, and usually after a few minutes I have to turn it down to 16c as it gets rather hot, and we start stripping off 🥵! However the temperature was on 18c the whole time, and was comfortable 😀.

I hope you can get things sorted soon. Keep us posted!

Regards
Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I had a play around with the climate yesterday (having spoken to the lease company)
since getting the car, I had only once had air coming through the dash vent, and that was a blast of cold air for about 30 seconds a few weeks ago.

yesterday was 13 degrees. I waited for the car to warm up and then turned the heat to full, and scrolled through the different manual vent settings.

After that, I switched it back to auto and it seems that now there is air coming through the dash vents at 18 degrees.

I hate to say, but I think that the climate is just a bit rubbish, and that it may be that you have to set them temp to lower than you would expect, and when it is hotter, the blower will be on more.
Glad yours seems to be working better. I’ve got my “not faulty” car back now and it seems to be worse. I’ll see if I can get a chance to fiddle with mine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Just catching up on your latest events! Sorry to hear that you are still having problems. I'm not sure if I'm just getting used to the temperature settings, and being hot, or whether my Juke has partly fixed itself?? This may be pure coincidence, but the car wanted me to do a software update last week, which I did. Then a couple of days later we did a long journey (130 miles, then another 130 miles the next day). The temperature was set at 18c, and usually after a few minutes I have to turn it down to 16c as it gets rather hot, and we start stripping off 🥵! However the temperature was on 18c the whole time, and was comfortable 😀.

I hope you can get things sorted soon. Keep us posted!

Regards
Doug
Glad yours seems to be getting better. Maybe they have done a software update for it? Could you possibly tell me what version your software says now please?
I got my “not faulty” car back yesterday. It’s still no better. I haven’t had a real chance to have a look at it but it was still doing the cold at 16 and furnace at 16.5. I also made sure both the orange lights were on (climate control) turned to 16 cold air coming blew out of vents but nothing came out of the vents anywhere up to 30, only on the vents under the windscreen but no air noise. On 30 it blew out the vents again then, is that normal? Trying to find a way to turn it all off and just hope it warms up outside or have a blast of hot air then open the window!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Check the software version.
Why is it worst.
Have you done a decent journey to let the climate sort itself out
Tomorrow I will do a longer journey.
There were no software updates and my software version is 283C30671E. Do you know what yours is?
Worse because like you mentioned there was no air coming out of the vents when both the orange buttons were on unless it was low or high. I need to have chance to have a play with it.
Lovely to be back in a juke though!

·
Registered
761 Posts
I'm not sure the software updates affect the climate control. Our decided to update today, well, I let it today, it's been moaning about it for a few weeks. Nothing seems different, and climate control didn't change when it was updating, just the main screen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I'm not sure the software updates affect the climate control. Our decided to update today, well, I let it today, it's been moaning about it for a few weeks. Nothing seems different, and climate control didn't change when it was updating, just the main screen.
Maybe because your air con/climate works as it should the update didn’t make any difference. According to my local Nissan garage, from the start they said that is what it needed. Very strange.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Took the car out for some longer runs yesterday. 1st run 20 miles. The whole way was the same. Climate control (both amber buttons on dial on) air never came out of the front vents, just the windscreen one - I like the heat blowing from the front vents - always hot air, because it was 4 degrees outside and sleet, the windows were steaming up and I had to keep putting the demister on. Without the a/c amber light on same problem as I have always had, 16 cold 16.5 degrees so hot I felt nauseous. I just returned to the 80’s and opened the window a little!
2nd journey. A miracle happened, but it’s always been intermittent, worked as it should all the 20 miles back home - 2 degrees outside and sleet. Vents pumping out air at 16.5 cool, 17 cool with a bit of heat, 17.5 (always what I set mine to in the 2 previous jukes 15 and 67 plate) perfect!
3rd journey. Same problems as journey one. 1 degree outside. 40 mile journey and hot air coming through front vents at 16.5 or anything above. I left it on climate control. No air through vents unless on low or high. Left it at 18 degrees. Seemed ok.
Please tell me that to get the vents on 17.5 without being red hot is not a problem in your cars and mine definitely has a fault albeit intermittent.
The MD in the dealership where I brought my car from reckons there is a fault and just my car, he’s not seen my car since I first drove it away. The manager and technician in my local Nissan garage says there was a fault on all 3 occasions that I had to take it in by just turning the air con on. Nissan Customer services says that this is how it is designed to work and there is no fault and cannot reject it.
I will let you know what the motor ombudsman says.
On a positive note, loved driving the juke again, it felt sporty after the Captur (hire car), the seats are comfortable after having 2 months of back ache in those Renault hard seats!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

I've just checked my software version, and it is 283C31711E.

I did a 60 mile round trip journey yesterday, broken up to watch the Footie at Brighton, but we won't dwell on that one :( I took a bit more note of what the heating system was up to. I have never set any of the cars I have owned heating/air con systems onto auto, as I never think they work as well as when set on manual, but that's probably just me? The car warms up exceptionally quickly after about half a mile, At first when set on 18c, it was a bit warm, but after a couple of miles it seemed to settle down and seemed to be okay for the rest of the journeys. I have mine set to blow on the screen, and feet, and that seems to work okay in the car.

I hope you can get something sorted soon. On the plus side it will soon be Summer, and you won't need to worry about the flipping heating. Just turn it to low and that will be that :)!

Up the Albion 😁. Regards
Doug

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hi

I've just checked my software version, and it is 283C31711E.

I did a 60 mile round trip journey yesterday, broken up to watch the Footie at Brighton, but we won't dwell on that one :( I took a bit more note of what the heating system was up to. I have never set any of the cars I have owned heating/air con systems onto auto, as I never think they work as well as when set on manual, but that's probably just me? The car warms up exceptionally quickly after about half a mile, At first when set on 18c, it was a bit warm, but after a couple of miles it seemed to settle down and seemed to be okay for the rest of the journeys. I have mine set to blow on the screen, and feet, and that seems to work okay in the car.

I hope you can get something sorted soon. On the plus side it will soon be Summer, and you won't need to worry about the flipping heating. Just turn it to low and that will be that :)!

Up the Albion 😁. Regards
Doug
Thank you for that Doug.
It looks like your software is a newer version than mine going on the numbers, I’ll have a google!
I’ll try it on 18 and on windscreen and feet see how it deals with that. Yes I totally agree, manual feels like it’s actually doing something!
Roll on the summer! Sorry about the result, win some you lose some!
Many thanks!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Mine was updated to 283C31711E yesterday too.

I really cant see the entertainment systme being related to the climate control, climate controls still worked and changed when the system was rebooting...

·
Registered
13 Posts
The most common causes that hinder the normal operation of the air conditioning system on your Nissan Juke are a dirty cabin air filter, refrigerant leak, dirty or clogged condenser, dirty or clogged evaporator, bad blower motor, and defective compressor, faulty blend door actuator or any fault in the electrical system.

Speech Therapist in chennai

21 - 38 of 38 Posts