Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.
I am the proud owner of a Juke Accenta Premium which
I bought from new in Feb 2010 and which I love.

On Jan 30th my lovely car was broken into and the airbags
and seatbelts stolen. Apparently, this is becoming more common
so please beware.

The main wiring loom was damaged and a new one ordered on 6th March.
We have passed two expected delivery dates (8th and 30th April) and
the latest date of 20th May put back to 24th May.

Nissan Customer Service tell me their suppliers keep letting them down and, quite
frankly, I've reached the point of desperation! I just can't see an end to this.
Fortunately I have a courtesy car via my insurance but 4 months in a bog standard
Fiesta is no joke!

Does anyone know if it is reasonable to have to wait so long for this part? Or what I can do next?
Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Tufty, sorry to hear about your problem. Quite a surprise to have such items stolen as thats quite tricky to get out, even more surprised that your insurance is repairing rather than just writing the car off as the cost much be quite high to repair. Specially ordered spare parts can take quite a while unfortunately and Nissan is reliant on the supplier coming thru with the part In terms of what you can do. All you can do is take it up with your insurance company and see what they have to say as the hire car is costing them while you are waiting.Hope you get sorted soon

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
If it's what you want, you can push for a settlement based upon an unreasonable amount of time to resolve. As Deks says, this is costing them with every passing day and they might be receptive to the suggestion.
That being said, if you want your baby back on the road, it's not the solution you want.
I for one would not help these bas****s by creating a second hand market for such parts, but there are people who just want cheap parts "no questions asked" unfortunately. Fingers crossed for you mate.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

Unfortunately, it seems the body shop fixing my baby are footing the bill for the courtesy car so Axa don't seem that bothered.

@Deks - the cost is about 5k plus VAT so I was surprised (and pleased at least initially) that it wasn't written off.
(would post a picture here if I knew how )

@CR4ZYHORSE - I know what you mean about helping perpetuate this problem. The repairers say that write offs are bought up cheap, parts nicked to order, fixed up and sold on. So some other poor souls Juke would be damaged to repair mine and on and on....

Guess I'll have to hang on but I do feel less frustrated about it all now

Cheers

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I would say not bought up cheap. As salvage costs are much higher than you think.
I agree though that all the time insurance companies sell write offs then they are making a demand for stolen parts to repair damaged vehicles its a never ending circle.

I would push the insurance company into eitherwritin it off at its value 4mnths ago. Or get it back on road ASAP as its not acceptable to be taking this long to sort.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hi Tufty welcome to the club, sorry to hear about your problems, no further advice to offer you. Now you have joined our club do we have to join yours,
T c2013-05-01 19:44:08

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Tufty, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry to hear about ur car being targeted for its parts and the issues you are having, re courtesy car you are with in you right to request a car of similar type, friend of mine had an p reg jag, went in for insurance work, he was given some kia, he complained to insurance company and they swapped and gave him a merc instead worth a phone call.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.