Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

We bought a new Haptic Blue Juke Tekna last September and have problems with very soft paintwork. Every week new, fine white scratches appear where (I am guessing) someone has accidentally rubbed against the car, We had Diamondbrite applied pre delivery and have continued with the products as directed since we took delivery. We are gutted as we hoped to keep our pride and joy looking sparkling new. Other than that, We adore the car! Such a shame she is starting to look tatty now. I would love to hear advice on how to stop further scratches with a better detailing regime and wonder if anyone else has had any similar problems. We have never had this problem with previous cars.

Looking forward to being part of the group.

Elleceebee

·
Registered
790 Posts
welcome swirls will be picked up mainly from your washing technique or who ever washes it , i doubt its from people rubbing against it , every one gets them eventually once there there the best way to remove them is machine polishing , it would take ages by hand but is possible if you have a weekend or 2 free to do it dealers diamondbrite isnt worth a light to be honest as its never applied properly in the first place so a waste of money really (costs the dealer £25 and is just put straight on the unprepped car so wont bond properly) , to remove the swirls you will remove any remaining diamondbrite anyway so consider that gone now and i would'nt keep using there after products as there not much good eitherif you want to try by hand then get a decent cutting compound like meguiars 105 and then once the swirls are gone refine that with meguiars 205 to remove the hazing left by the compound my advice for the future is a good wash technique (jet wash first and then wash with 2 bucket method) and a decent sealent applied properly to help protect the soft paint from future damage although it will pick them up no matter how hard you try but theres a lot you can do to slow down how fast there picked uphope that helps a bit
ctrdetailing2013-04-20 16:42:30

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Great advice there
2bucket method
Clay bar /block
Machine polish (learn on detailing world everything you need to know )
Couple of layers of wax
Sealant

Then proper lambs wool MIT
2bucket method every time
Quite lots to Learn on even how to wash a car properly on detailing world

Jobs a good one

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ctrdetailing
Thank you for your helpful reply, I will get the materials and implement your suggestions, however the scratches are not swirls but straight line scratches that look like nothing I have experienced with normal day to day use with any previous cars, ( I have been driving for 38 years...wish I hadn'tadmitted to that, lol).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Lordharsing

I see that I have a lot to learn, I will start my study now! Thank you.

I still have concerns that something isn't quite right with the paint, The only way it can have got the marks are from the posties bag, a cat sliding off the roof ( some of the scratches are vertical though most are horizontal) or some one rubbing against the side when it's in a car park, or all of the above. We have been giving it a fair bit of thought and that's the only suggestions we have. Non of our previous vehicles marked like this. We are gutted, the scratches may only be shallow and narrow but it's not nice, we have been so careful when washing it, rinsing carefully before shampoos, clean clothes etc.
Love the car but we are so disappointed with the way it's marking.

·
Registered
790 Posts
drove past a bramble bush ??? , if the car is dirty and its rubbed it will scratch but unlikely to be straight lines as usually when i see marks made by people walking past it more of a wavy line due to the bounce in your step , straight line scratches down the side usually mean you driven too close to a hedge or similar greenery , i get these on occasion from driving down the thin country lanes and having to squeeze past oncoming motorists
ctrdetailing2013-04-20 18:20:33

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Elleceebee, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.